Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spainish Perfection??

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Spainish Perfection??

Anyone who watched this game last night, I hope you feel like I do. I watched our boys grind out a result against the Georgians, then flicked over to an exhibition in the art of the Beautiful game.
    Ole's every time they went over 5 passes(which was a lot), movement of position sublime, passing accuracy top class.
    This is an incredible football team. And I for one hope they win the World Cup next year.
    They made England look ridiculous. It was painful to watch at times. Premier League?? Your having a laugh....

P.s apologies for the mispelt title.. Spanish Perfection!!
    Last edited by Pike B; 12/02/2009 at 9:03 AM.

FORMERLY: shannonman Lev Yashin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    59 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pike B View Post
    Anyone who watched this game last night, I hope you feel like I do. I watched our boys grind out a result against the Georgians, then flicked over to an exhibition in the art of the Beautiful game.
    Ole's every time they went over 5 passes(which was a lot), movement of position sublime, passing accuracy top class.
    This is an incredible football team. And I for one hope they win the World Cup next year.
    They made England look ridiculous. It was painful to watch at times. Premier League?? Your having a laugh....

well the best part for me was seeing torres stroll off with out picking up a knock...thank god!!
    My Goal Is To Deny Yours...

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shannonman View Post
    well the best part for me was seeing torres stroll off with out picking up a knock...thank god!!
    Now you said it!!
    3 times in a row would have been cruel..

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yeah , have to agree they were just so organised and knew what they were doing .
    Slick passing, moving the ball quickly and streets ahead of England .
    Makes you realise how far England are behind .
    Football is a team game until the goalkeeper makes a mistake, then it becomes an individual sport.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Spain had four central midfielders on the pitch for most of the game.

And Gerrard and Lampard cant play in the same team !
    "Football is a game you play with your brain".

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stojkovic View Post
    Spain had four central midfielders on the pitch for most of the game.

And Gerrard and Lampard cant play in the same team !

Great point. Goes to show you what can be done when your class.
    And they still have Fabregas to return!! What a team!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by osgood was good View Post
    Yeah , have to agree they were just so organised and knew what they were doing .
    Slick passing, moving the ball quickly and streets ahead of England .
    Makes you realise how far England are behind .
    more feckin worried as you realise how very far ireland are behind

" football is a simple game "

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by old git View Post
    more feckin worried as you realise how very far ireland are behind
    Very good point old git.
    See you in Shannon Sunday??
    Weather looks good..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Very good point old git.
    See you in Shannon Sunday??
    Weather looks good..
    might have to give your match a miss .. only realised
    another green & white hoops playing another rangers in glasgow sunday 12.3opm live on setanta... but hopefully both rangers get stuffed

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    might have to give your match a miss .. only realised
    another green & white hoops playing another rangers in glasgow sunday 12.3opm live on setanta... but hopefully both rangers get stuffed
    I'd drink to that!!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Anyway, back to Spain.
    Just had an intresting chat with an Irish and a Nigerian workmate here. We spoke about Wenger and his philosophy and how he wants to play the game in the right manner like Spain do.
    We all concluded that the British and Irish way of playing the game was to be frank out of touch and old fashioned and that the only way forward was to do as the Spaniards do and pass pass pass.
    In my opinion, as long as Spain,Portugal Argentina and Brazil continue to play this way, England cannot and will not succeed at any major tournament.

Also the Premiership is not as good as La Liga, as even lowly Mallorca and Betis still play a very attractive technical game of football.
    My Irish colleague(A Man Utd Fan) went as far as to say 'If United played in La Liga, they'd struggle to finish in the top 4'..

I agree.

International Prospect bennocelt's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    335 Posts
    Anyway, back to Spain.
    Just had an intresting chat with an Irish and a Nigerian workmate here. We spoke about Wenger and his philosophy and how he wants to play the game in the right manner like Spain do.
    We all concluded that the British and Irish way of playing the game was to be frank out of touch and old fashioned and that the only way forward was to do as the Spaniards do and pass pass pass.
    In my opinion, as long as Spain,Portugal Argentina and Brazil continue to play this way, England cannot and will not succeed at any major tournament.

Also the Premiership is not as good as La Liga, as even lowly Mallorca and Betis still play a very attractive technical game of football.
    My Irish colleague(A Man Utd Fan) went as far as to say 'If United played in La Liga, they'd struggle to finish in the top 4'..

I agree.
    the only problem with that is not all teams can "pass,pass, pass" - re O Shea et al

and didnt manure utd witn the CL? Dont spanish teams enter that comp as well
    (but ur right in saying apart from the top 4/5 the EPL is dire!)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bennocelt View Post
    the only problem with that is not all teams can "pass,pass, pass" - re O Shea et al

and didnt manure utd witn the CL? Dont spanish teams enter that comp as well
    (but ur right in saying apart from the top 4/5 the EPL is dire!)
    Well the point was made by someone else about Man Utd, but he reckons and again I agree, that in a league season, against technically solid sides instead of your Boltons, Boros and Stoke Citys, United wouldn't have it all their own way and therefore not excel.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Well the point was made by someone else about Man Utd, but he reckons and again I agree, that in a league season, against technically solid sides instead of your Boltons, Boros and Stoke Citys, United wouldn't have it all their own way and therefore not excel.
    would have to disagree here utd play a good passing game
    and to think if they were playing so called better passing teams week in week out surely this would only improve their game and make them even better... but is the sign of a great team being able to adapt to different playing styles and to keep winning ... lets be honest if madrid / barcelona were playing boltons / stoke / boros etc in a league basis i'd fancy them to struggle or even to get beat the odd time

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    would have to disagree here utd play a good passing game
    and to think if they were playing so called better passing teams week in week out surely this would only improve their game and make them even better... but is the sign of a great team being able to adapt to different playing styles and to keep winning ... lets be honest if madrid / barcelona were playing boltons / stoke / boros etc in a league basis i'd fancy them to struggle or even to get beat the odd time
    Maybe..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    I don't agree that the Premiership is of a worse standard than La Liga, in fact in terms of strength in depth it is probably slightly better. However, the football is generally more enjoyable to watch in the latter. Thankfully at Swansea we have Roberto Martinez as manager and a load of ex-Liga players in the squad (Andrea Orlandi played in Barcelona's youth team with Messi, for instance) so we get the best of both worlds.
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cymro View Post
    I don't agree that the Premiership is of a worse standard than La Liga, in fact in terms of strength in depth it is probably slightly better. However, the football is generally more enjoyable to watch in the latter. Thankfully at Swansea we have Roberto Martinez as manager and a load of ex-Liga players in the squad (Andrea Orlandi played in Barcelona's youth team with Messi, for instance) so we get the best of both worlds.
    not the best last night lost 2-0 to watford

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Watched them Saturday play Fulham off the park. I'd pay to see this Swansea team. They're excellent. And very Spanish..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    not the best last night lost 2-0 to watford
    mumble mumble......lists excuses for defeat, its a midweek away game, Watford have a sh*t pitch, we let them win cos we felt sorry for them etc......mumble......
    "Life is like a hair on a toilet seat. Sooner or later you are bound to get pi$$ed off."

"In this league, a draw is sometimes as good as a win" - Steve Morison

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    mumble mumble......lists excuses for defeat, its a midweek away game, Watford have a sh*t pitch, we let them win cos we felt sorry for them etc......mumble......
    forgot bad ref mumble ... bad weather mumble .. in fairness watch match against fulham and thought ye were excellent... and fair play to manager & players for sticking to trying to play good football

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast