Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 59 of 119 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169109 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2378

Thread: Séamus Coleman (D Everton b.1988)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
    Class player is our sea us.
    Couldn't agree more.

2. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts
    Sea us is class and seamus isn't half bad

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    That really was a cracking shot from Osman, just seen it again, the view from the back of the goal,
    hits it with the outside of the boot and gets a wicked swerve on it. You might have thought he would
    have got MOM for that but Sky Sports gives it to Coleman giving him a 9. The fans rating is 8.4 against
    7.5 for Osman. Seen some of the second half and Coleman was going past player like they ere not there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    206 Posts
    Alan McInally reporting on the game for Sky said Seamus was sensational. He also said Gibson was very very good. Tis a pity we have one but not the both.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    He was simply brilliant today against some fairly serious opposition. Not only back to his best bit arrogant aka Roy Keane and Gareth Bale as in I know I'm the best player in this particular match.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yard of Pace View Post
    Alan McInally reporting on the game for Sky said Seamus was sensational. He also said Gibson was very very good. Tis a pity we have one but not the both.
    Gibson was immense. Making sliding tackles. Playing killer through balls. Big loss on what I witnessed today

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    Gibson/McCarthy/Meyler would make a great midfield trio for the next decade.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    Gibson/McCarthy/Meyler would make a great midfield trio for the next decade.
    And throw in Hendricks too and it is certainly looking okay. Unfortunately, our present manager doesn't seem to trust such creative players!

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gastric View Post
    And throw in Hendricks too and it is certainly looking okay. Unfortunately, our present manager doesn't seem to trust such creative players!
    Which of those four is the creative player?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Which of those four is the creative player?
    Gibson is mr creative all day long. if the 3 was gibson ,mccarthy and meyler i think you would have mccarthy and gibson sitting dictating the play and meyler pushing forward linking with the striker in an old townsend in poland in the 90s style

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    Gibson is mr creative all day long. if the 3 was gibson ,mccarthy and meyler i think you would have mccarthy and gibson sitting dictating the play and meyler pushing forward linking with the striker in an old townsend in poland in the 90s style
    Which of them plays in a creative role for his club?

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    Which of them plays in a creative role for his club?
    Gibson key creative force for everton dictates the play and everton have far worse record without him. Think we need to see midfield players as overall footballers rather than some idea that if your not floating around behind the striker and preferably 5 foot nothing you are not creative. Jack grealish will be in that position behind the striker in 2 years anyway so then we will have the creative midfielder we desire to replace wes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Gibson is a holding midfielder. He doesn't create anything. McCarthy is a holding player. Meyler is a box to box midfielder. I would be as critical of Trap as anyone for not giving these players more chances but I don't know why anybody would say it's because they're too creative. None of them is a particularly creative player. Hoolahan is a creative player.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    107 Posts
    He's more creative than other DMs due to his passing ability. Forward passes, 1st time passes, through balls, accurate long balls, etc. "He doesn't create anything" Hahahaha, he might not be top of the assist chart but he'll often be the pass setting up the attack in the first place.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    OK, but he's not the type of player who pushes forward and makes things happen in the final third. He sits back and allows players like Pienaar and Osman to create goalscoring opportunities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Carsley was a holding midfielder Charlie... you putting Gibson in that general category? i suupose my point is we can't just pigeonhole players. I think Gibson is what is considered a creative player who just happens to play deeper than what we think of when we think of that type of player that Irwin3 described.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Why is Gibson considered a creative player? I'm sure he could do a job further up the field but I've never seen him unlock defences in his career. He puts in good crosses and can play others into space, but he's not a creator of goalscoring opportunities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    for the reasons Irwin3 states.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    455 Posts
    OK, but he's not the type of player who pushes forward and makes things happen in the final third. He sits back and allows players like Pienaar and Osman to create goalscoring opportunities.
    He plays the midfield general position because he is the technically most accomplished footballer at everton. If he played at a better club he could absolutely play in the wes role float around get involved occasionally get praise when things go well never dominate a game and get taken off cause he was a luxury when you have a man sent off. Remember when he was at utd and ferguson wanted him behind the striker and everyone said he could never dominate a midfield and was there for his goals and long range shooting cause fergie couldnt possibly be wrong about a player!In the last 30 years I would only have him behind keane,brady,whelan and mcgrath as central midfielders for ireland.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    for the reasons Irwin3 states.
    So when did he do these things?

Quote Originally Posted by liamoo11 View Post
    He plays the midfield general position because he is the technically most accomplished footballer at everton. If he played at a better club he could absolutely play in the wes role float around get involved occasionally get praise when things go well never dominate a game and get taken off cause he was a luxury when you have a man sent off. Remember when he was at utd and ferguson wanted him behind the striker and everyone said he could never dominate a midfield and was there for his goals and long range shooting cause fergie couldnt possibly be wrong about a player!In the last 30 years I would only have him behind keane,brady,whelan and mcgrath as central midfielders for ireland.
    I remember Ferguson saying he could play the Frank Lampard box to box role alright. If he wanted him behind the striker he obviously changed his mind because he never tried him there. I will choose not to respond to your last sentence.