Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Possible change of mind for Cook...

Formerly: wild rover
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Possible change of mind for Cook...

Obviously the reasons behind Paul Cook's departure are due to the budget but there is a chance that an increase in the budget of around €1200 a week would possibly, and I stress that word, change his mind and maybe change the current crisis.

It would take something special to organise that but if anyone knew of someone looking for a chance to win some great publicity and change a situation that will put Rovers back so many steps.

Whether it be supporters, or a business, it could be a chance.

This information is not definite but it is worth a shot.....we all know what a bad day it has been for Rovers because I do think Cook is crucial to our future.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    The solution is the €2 a week fundrasier. Easy as that!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    This is want we want to hear. Protest march to Town Hall!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Johnny Chadda fund?

has anything been done to start this up? it's 10 weeks since Toolan announced it. if 48 people subscribed to this we'd have enough for cookie. i'm sure that effortlessly they'd have 20-28 people signed up if it had been organised 2 months ago and today's events could have pushed the numbers up by 20 at least
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Obviously the reasons behind Paul Cook's departure are due to the budget but there is a chance that an increase in the budget of around €1200 a week would possibly, and I stress that word, change his mind and maybe change the current crisis.
    But Rory the spin I've been hearing today is that Rovers have to abide by the budget approved by the FAI and that the committee would gladly increase the budget if they were allowed to but if they go above the approved budget we will not be given a licence this season.

I could well be wrong on all and I hope I am as I agree with Rovers1 that the €2 fundraiser is the obvious solution to your proposal, after all that is just 600 people paying €2 a week, surely that could be done!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Redie View Post
    But Rory the spin I've been hearing today is that Rovers have to abide by the budget approved by the FAI and that the committee would gladly increase the budget if they were allowed to but if they go above the approved budget we will not be given a licence this season.
    the approved budget is based on 65% of projected income, if we can go to padraig smith and say here's another 60k guaranteed income we would be allowed to up the budget.
    "Even if the sun ceases to rise, Even if the sea ceases to flow, Even if the wind stops to blow, The name of Sligo Rovers will shine and shine forever like the morning, glinting star in the sky."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Dream on lads.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    160 Posts
    Accept it is difficult to swallow but he'd look like a tw*t if he went back on it now.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile

there is a real chance that paul will stay as rory said if we can give him an extra e1200 per week. its up to the fans now, we have a huge part to play. as somebody else said the "e2 ting" is the answer but we all need to get of our buts and make it happen. paul cook does not want to leave sligo nor any of the players for that matter. they all want to play for paul cook. this is the message that should be got out to the gereral public.. do some interviews with the players both on radio and press coverage and getting them to clearly state that they are very happy to be in sligo and extremley happy to play for paul cook. this would be a huge boost and i think people would respond to it greatly

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Smile paul cook

there is a real chance that paul will stay as rory said if we can give him an extra e1200 per week. its up to the fans now, we have a huge part to play. as somebody else said the "e2 ting" is the answer but we all need to get of our buts and make it happen. paul cook does not want to leave sligo nor any of the players for that matter. they all want to play for paul cook. this is the message that should be got out to the gereral public.. do some interviews with the players both on radio and press coverage and getting them to clearly state that they are very happy to be in sligo and extremley happy to play for paul cook. this would be a huge boost and i think people would respond to it greatly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong2008 View Post
    Accept it is difficult to swallow but he'd look like a tw*t if he went back on it now.
    I think Cook is a bigger man than that.I doubt the man will be worried about been seen as a tw*t! especially if he gets what hes looking for.
    Till d End!