Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 1717

Thread: Rate the last film you saw

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Does being oscar bait automatically make a movie bad?
    I never thought I'd say this but I completely agree with Kris.

I watched it and I can't believe Casey Affleck won an Oscar.

If that is the standard everyone else aspires to then *pulls collar*.

Don't get me wrong, it was a decent movie all the same.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I also had no idea that the shoot out in Watertown went down like that!!! Crazy stuff!!
    --------------------------------------------
    A bit of Artistic Licence maybe,anybody know for sure?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the 12 th man View Post
    I also had no idea that the shoot out in Watertown went down like that!!! Crazy stuff!!
    --------------------------------------------
    A bit of Artistic Licence maybe,anybody know for sure?
    It's true enough alright. I looked it up immediately afterwards and there were many sources saying that 5 crude grenades were thrown at the police along with a pressure cooker bomb a replica of what they used for the marathon bombs. In addition up to 500 bullets were fired some of which entered the surrounding houses.

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    I saw Young Offenders in the cinema last year and I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a movie in years! Absolutely wonderful. Really hope the 2 lads in it go onto some massive things. Mad that they're not Cork. Accents were pitch city.

Defo 5/7
    Both lads are from Cork though..
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Are they really really?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Sing Street:Awkward kid at school forms a band to win the heart of a girl he fancies,set around a Christian Brothers School in the 80's is a little formulaic but hugely enjoyable because of the cast and most of all some stonking sounds in the score 8/10

Young Offenders:Mentioned above but is about 2 young 15 year old Cork scobies who set off on push bikes to try and get their hands on a cache of cocaine which has been jettisoned into the sea off the Cork coast.Loved it 8/10

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo:Only got around to watching this now.David Fincher film with loads atmosphere.Daniel Craig is a financially broke Journalist who is tasked by Christopher Plummer with delving into some dark family secrets about a missing girl who disappeared about 40 years previously.Rooney Mara steals the show a bit but the rest of the cast are perfect fits.

Mostly shot in Sweden and is a fine thriller (about 2 hours 40 mins long) 9/10

A Monster Calls:Liam Neeson plays the part of the Monster (his voice) who comes to the aid of a young boy whose mother is in bad health and going through hell at school with bullying etc,I found the film totally depressing and not very entertaining 4/10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Did you ever see the original Swedish version with Noomi Rapace? (And subtitles)? I always thought Mara was a terrible actress, only there for the family connections. They said the other day she is out for the new ones they are making.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    Did you ever see the original Swedish version with Noomi Rapace? (And subtitles)? I always thought Mara was a terrible actress, only there for the family connections. They said the other day she is out for the new ones they are making.
    Didn't see it,this is about the only movie I like her (Mara) in as I think the part was made for her...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisLetang View Post
    Agree Mara is average at best her sister Kate is a better actress but thats not saying alot. Also agree the the original Swedish version of Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is vastly superior, don't like Craig in the American version , American version also feels incomplete when compared to Swedish trilogy
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Shia Lebeouf's new thriller "Man Down" opened in the U.K. last weekend, selling one ticket and grossing $7. (Sorry I can't do the right sign on this thing. It was $8.40 US to be fair.)
    Box Office analysts say it might be the new world record for a film opening. (MIGHT BE?)
    "Poor Shia," Said Bloomberg News. "It might be the World Record for least amount of money ever grossed."

I wonder which poor sap and or die hard fan decided to be the only one to go alone to the movies and see the film? Could have been one or two U.K. based people on here now that i think of it. I would go to the movies alone but i don't think i ever have. That would weird me out, make me feel a bit lonely looking around and not seeing anyone else, though I suppose that would be the day to sneak in a tuna sandwich or some curry thing wrapped in foil. You could put your feet up, make comments at the screen like it's mystery science theater. But I mean let's say you were lonely going alone in the first place. That might about do a person in no? They should seriously try to hunt that person down and give him/her 15 minutes of internet lore type fame. Honestly, if you looked around and you were the only person there, would you leave? Or not care?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Watched "Get Out" over the weekend. A creepy and intense psychological thriller. Like "Meet the Parents" but racial. Very well done and good acting all round especially from the couple. Definitely worth watching.

If anyone has seen it though, just wondering what the point of the opening scene was? Who was the guy that was walking along the footpath?

Oh, sorry, in case folks didn't know, imdb has shut down its message board service (I went on to see if I could find the answer to my question above). They shut it down in February. It was absolutely awful with the amount of trolling on there and my number of visits had dwindled to close to a couple times a year but, at the same time, I used to find the message board feature useful for discussion and finding out more info.
    Last edited by dahamsta; 02/05/2017 at 1:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Guardians of the Galaxy 2. A much more personal story that doesn't hit the same heights as the first film, but still some stand out moments and well worth seeing. Drax has a lot more to do, and has some of the best lines
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Just watched it today, too, with Mrs Grise (Netflix, Stu?). Really enjoyed it - it's got some great one-liners, delivered in a pitch-perfect Caawrk droll. An under-the-radar gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    I saw Young Offenders in the cinema last year and I don't think I've ever laughed so much at a movie in years! Absolutely wonderful. Really hope the 2 lads in it go onto some massive things. Mad that they're not Cork. Accents were pitch city.

Defo 5/7
    Thought you boys might be interested in this!

http://www.movies.ie/new-tv-spin-off-young-offenders/

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Anyone seen Aliens Covenant yet ? Its getting poor reviews any place I've see any, a pity if so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,286 Posts
    Don't go to see the new King Arthur, it's terrible.
    Basically, what if Moses grew up with The Artful Dodger, and found out he needed the Sword of Omens to see the Matrix. Oh, and there's some snakes and Littlefinger is there for some reason.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Anyone seen Aliens Covenant yet ? Its getting poor reviews any place I've see any, a pity if so.
    Yes, Crafty, and its particularly weak. Were it an off the shelf new Sci-fi and without the Alien brand at its back, it would could well be a straight to DVD job. Yes, that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    So after the directors on the Han Solo movie quit or were fired the new director is...Ron Howard? That first prequel wasn't bad enough?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I liked Dunkirk but I feel like all of these war movies are starting to become the same thing. Saving Ryan's Privates, Thin Red Line (Hugely underrated if you like Malick)..Some battle scenes from Band Of Brothers, the Mel Gibson one about the conscious objector who won the Medal Of Honor, etc... Bits of bodies blowing up, yelling, screaming. Burn victims. French people retreating. Letters home to Sweethearts. Dead comrades. Dumb officers. Germans. Fifty Yard Stare.

Nolan is a great director. That must be said. Shoe-in for Best Picture. I can see many on here being too triggered to sit through it though frankly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I liked it, it held my attention throughout. I liked how it portrayed the troops conditioning to being slaughtered from what they had seen & been through up to that point. Yes there was a will to live and survival instinct but it stopped at that, no sense of ones own life being precious, that I found very chilling. The reality of gunfire and bullets hitting nearby was also as nerve shredding as it ought to be, that's something movies tend to glamourise and Dunkirk did not. Very welcome also was no bullsh*t love story angle shoehorned into the tale. It was a bit bunting and jolly hockey sticks as the fleet arrived but but overall it held it's course well, very good movie I thought, directed and shot brilliantly.

Page 82 of 86 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast