Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Keith Fahey

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gaffer 2008 View Post
    One or two performances are not enough to merit an international call up im sorry.
    Don't think anyone would say it was. However players from the lower British leagues have won caps whikle far superior home based players have not. Joe O'Cearuill is a good example

Quote Originally Posted by POS
    Dodge, you argue for the EL as a whole and rightly so, but you also argue based on you not wanting to be "lumped" in with other EL posters who have unrelastic expectations that should be managed expectations, I wouldn't consider every single poster to be the same, but the majority ( or maybe just the loudest )of threads on the forum that are about players that should be playing or given a chance, are very active.
    Mostly active with an even number of posters saying that such and such isn't good enough. I asked you to point out these vast hordes of posters who championed O'Donovan and Fahey and you couldn't. I don't argue for the LOI as a whole on any footballing basis. Its far inferior to the Premiership. IMO no player is "international" standard. Hoever so are a huge amount of players that have been in previous (and recent) Irish squads.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The last time a LOI played for Eire was Gamble and Staunton put him on the right wing . He obviously knew nothing about him.

Fahy is too good for Eire imo. Trap doesn't want attacking midfielders. He just want 2 wingers and 2 strikers to run into the box. Where would Fahy paly? Where would Andy reid play?

Fahy is certainly good enough to play in any attacking type side at any level, Brazil for example
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    In the same way as many on here were stating that Roy O'Donovan was a fine player and the best by a distance in the EPL last season? Yes that same Roy O'Donovan who can't even get into the first 11 for Dundee United and hasn't scored a single goals for them in nearly a dozen appearances.

Or possibly as fine a player as Alan Bennett? Yes that same Alan Bennett who was never good enough to get break into the Reading first team and was quickly loaned out to lower league teams where he still looked shockingly bad.

Or maybe as fine as Jason Byrne? Yes that same Jason Byrne that couldn't break into the Cardiff first team and was promptly sold on at the first opportunity.

Perhaps even as fine as Dave Mooney. Yes that same Dave Mooney, ah f**k it you know the rest.

The only quality player that has come from the EPL in recent years is Doyle. The rest have in rare cases at best been very average (Murphy) or more generally been complete sh*t (see above).

Keith Fahey me balls.

First of all I don't think any LOI player is good enough for the senior squad at present but your post is extremely inaccurate. Roy O'Donovanm started every week for Dundee Utd and got injured, he made his comeback last weekend off the bench.

Alan Bennett is not a premiership player, he did however do very well at Soton, there fans raved about him but Coppell refused to leave him extend his loan. He then never played him and shipped him out to his old club Brentford where he has been top quality according to their fans.

Jason Byrne is a has-been, his best years were long before he went to Cardiff, the fact that he can't get off Bohs bench backs this up.

Dave Mooney recently scored a hat-trick for Reading reserves and has played twice in their League Cup campaign, he hasn't been given an opportunity yet.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    We could argue about Mick, Kerr and Stan but I'm fairly confident that if he is good enough then one of the greatest managers in the world over the last 20 years will pick him. I'd value his opinion over everyone on here (including me!)

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ifk101 View Post
    IMO Keith Fahy was the best player on the park against Hertha Berlin. We all know that the LOI is not English Premiership or Championship standard but that doesn't necessarily mean that certain LOI players are not capable of playing at a higher standard.

With regards to the upcoming B match - we know that Potter, Rowlands, Gibson are not international standard. Why not give a player such as Keith Fahy the chance to show what he can do instead of giving players that aren't good enough another chance to confirm this? Or do we need Owen Coyle and Burnley to give their approval first?
    Stay awaymid season they were last year,when we played them in a friendly.

Bohs were pre season,Burnley had one shot the whole game,and were crap,we were all over them.

Anybody who thinks they are better than a top LOI side is an
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 30/09/2008 at 4:51 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    I would have McCann in well before the likes of Fahey as would most sane people.

Consider the choices, a 25 year old never will be who was deemed surplus to requirements at both Arsenal and Aston Villa who is unlikely to improve as he should now be close to this peak or a just turned 21 year old who is lighting up the Championship in England thus far with his appearances and could easily be playing in the Premiership by this stage next year.

MMmmmm let me see. Decisions, decisions.
    Is this the same Macann that played against us last year??

I am not even sure he started the game,but he played at some stage,as i remember him trying to control the ball,yes trying,he made a mess of it

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigaline View Post
    First of all, I seem to remember you lauding O'Cearuill when he first joined Pat's. It doesn't even look he will even have a career in football now.

Secondly, I would take either of the Reid's over Fahey anyday. They have played at the highest level. Fahey on the otherhand looks good in what is basically a League 2 team.

Reminds me of when Cork fans wanted Joe Gamble playing for Ireland. He got his chance, but didn't have the quality in the end.
    Fahey is playing in Europe is Andy Reid

No he will be sitting at home watching him(he said he supports pats),eating burgers,chips and a pizza,comfort eating.

He will be saying why cant i trap a ball like Keith??How does Keith do it??well Andy,it helps if you can see your feet.
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 30/09/2008 at 4:52 PM.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian1890 View Post
    Fahey is playing in Europe is Andy Reid
    The amateur players of FC Vaduz, F91 Dudelange and Sant Julia have also played European football this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian1890 View Post
    No he will be sitting at home watching him(he said he supports pats),eating burgers,chips and a pizza,comfort eating.

He will be saying why cant i trap a ball like Keith??How does Keith do it??well Andy,it helps if you can see your feet.
    I admit, this is only about the 3rd or 4th time I've ever seen Fahey, but his passing/crossing and set peices have been brutal this evening.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Fahey just hits the post with an excellent left footed shot! Then an excellent pass. And another superb long pass to leave Guy one on one. All in about 90 seconds.

Fahey is a class act. Best player on the pitch in Germany and again tonight. He looks to have more class than any of the Hertha players. To say he's a better passer than Reid though is going ott. Reid is one of the most gifted passers ever to come out of Ireland imo.

We just have to see Fahey play consistently at a higher level. Massimo Donati would look bloody class playing for a Pats, Bohs, Hibs or Aberdeen. A big fish in a small pond. At Celtic he's just out of his depth too often and lacks confidence.
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 30/09/2008 at 6:24 PM.

10. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    I'd love to see him have a chance in a green jersey. He plays with no fear which is something i'd like to see more Irish players do.
    Look at him in the match now he's nutmegged Voronin and that Brazilian dude......Caneiro? about 3 times each.
    Last edited by rambler14; 30/09/2008 at 6:34 PM.
    LESS OF THE BULL NOW!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rambler14 View Post
    I'd love to see him have a chance in a green jersey. He plays with no fear whic is something i'd like to see more Irish players do.
    Playing with no fear for Pats. His confidence couldn't be higher. It's a different story playing for Ireland.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint_Charlie View Post
    For those of you who don't know much about him or doubt his talent, he'll be live on RTE2 from 5 this evening.
    Why is this in Ireland section? Is he moving to the SPL?

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I don't understand why we keep having this argument.

Let's put subjectivity to one side. That is, arguing over who we think is a good player or not.

Let's instead look to objective criteria, In this case it's quite simple, money.

Put another way, in an open market like professional football a player is usually paid what he is worth. Mistakes and judgment errors aside, generally water finds it's own level and the salary reflects that.

People who make their actual living in the game currently do not rate Fahey at a level where they are willing to spend significant sums paying him. As such, under objective criteria a player who is making 10k a week versus one who is making 1k a week is most likely to be the better player.

So the market will dictate how good Fahey is. At the moment, he's unlikely to of a good enough standard to play at international level. Feelings aside, objectively I am more than likely to be right.
    There is no such thing as a miracle cure, a free lunch or a humble opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,611 Posts
    did you watch the game? have you seen him play? what f*cks with my head is how certain posters in here make judgement calls in complete confidence without ever having seen a player play. The mind boggles. The shining lights of the league deserve a look in a B team at least.

I honestly dont think that we deserve any success as a soccer nation. Crowd reports say 4-5k turned up. Thats just a disgrace. No other way to put it - its an absolute disgrace. We are not a soccer nation and we get what we deserve. I want success for Bohemians, the domestic game and the international team. Most people here want success for english club teams and the Irish international team and would love to see Ireland beat England. Thats just weird. WEIRD.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrigaline View Post
    The amateur players of FC Vaduz, F91 Dudelange and Sant Julia have also played European football this season.

I admit, this is only about the 3rd or 4th time I've ever seen Fahey, but his passing/crossing and set peices have been brutal this evening.
    You dont know much about football then,he ran the show and his passing was first class.

I feel sorry for people like you,who actually think they know something about football,but when it comes down to it,you dont know much about football at all.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Fahey just hits the post with an excellent left footed shot! Then an excellent pass. And another superb long pass to leave Guy one on one. All in about 90 seconds.

Fahey is a class act. Best player on the pitch in Germany and again tonight. He looks to have more class than any of the Hertha players. To say he's a better passer than Reid though is going ott. Reid is one of the most gifted passers ever to come out of Ireland imo.

We just have to see Fahey play consistently at a higher level. Massimo Donati would look bloody class playing for a Pats, Bohs, Hibs or Aberdeen. A big fish in a small pond. At Celtic he's just out of his depth too often and lacks confidence.
    Donati wouldn't get a game for us.But at least you have some football knowledge unlike the one who said Fahey passing is poor,it so stupid it is not even funny.

I am not just saying that about Donati either,i have seen him play, a few times,last against Aberdeen last year where he scored but did nothing else in the game.
    Last edited by Bohemian1890; 30/09/2008 at 7:48 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    did you watch the game? have you seen him play? what f*cks with my head is how certain posters in here make judgement calls in complete confidence without ever having seen a player play. The mind boggles. The shining lights of the league deserve a look in a B team at least.

I honestly dont think that we deserve any success as a soccer nation. Crowd reports say 4-5k turned up. Thats just a disgrace. No other way to put it - its an absolute disgrace. We are not a soccer nation and we get what we deserve. I want success for Bohemians, the domestic game and the international team. Most people here want success for english club teams and the Irish international team and would love to see Ireland beat England. Thats just weird. WEIRD.
    Really? What would you have expected? It was a first round UEFA Cup game on a miserable night with a kick off at the height of rush hour. Were you there? I couldn't get off work early and I'd imagine it was the same for a lot f people. There was only 13,000 in Berlin, does that mean Germany's not a soccer nation? Or deserves no success. Look at the crowds this stage of the UEFA attracts across the continent. Had the game been on a Saturday there'd have been a lot more people at it, I wouldn't be using the attendance today as any criteria.

How many do you reckon we'd have got at Dalyer if it had been Bohs at 5 on a Tuesday night? You're not gonna attract sod all casual fans or even LOI fans from other clubs bar students at that time, no way.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Why is this in Ireland section? Is he moving to the SPL?

I doubt it the only teams in the SPL who could afford him would be Celtic and Rangers,mind you if Celtic spend 4.4million on Brownanything is possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    462 Posts
    His performance today was superb, but its not the first time he has produced this, I hope that someone was there from the Ireland setup, he has to be involved.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    YoungIrish is an idiot tbh. I really don't like football fans like him.

Well played by Fahey today. Some sloppy passes but at times his vision and passing was sublime. He really knows what he's doing out there, and looked to me the player with the most quality on the pitch.

I will say one thing Hertha Berlin are overrated. Bohemian said 'better players than what he named(irish players) that was bull**** really. I'd say none of that midfield would make the Irish national team.

I'd love to see Fahey in the green jersey..and he should have been.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast