Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCD V Bohemians

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

UCD V Bohemians

Missed the game cause I was ill however, heard the blow by blow live on Newstalk 106. Declan Drake told me, at the Drogheda game, that Newstalk will cover all our games live if we maintain this kick off slot.

Anyway to save pineapple part of a job there were four changes in the team.
    Alan Mahon, Tony McDonnell , Ronan Finn and Paul Byrne returned to first team action in place of Brian Shortall, Kieran Harte, Stephen Hurley and Derek Doyle. And in the first half UCD were a much improved outfit on the previous display

Two subs used by UCD Patrick Kavanagh replaced Mc Walter; John Brophy replaced Paul Byrne.
    Last edited by CollegeTillIDie; 29/07/2006 at 5:55 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Terrible way to lose a game , What a sickener!
    Conceding a penalty near the end of a frigging game we looked like certainties to get a draw in

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Some pictures from Bohs website. Mostly Bohs obviously. Biased as well. UCD players breaking up the scuffle between Finn and Joxer were described as ganging up on him and when Farrelly clearly dived at the end he was apparantly "tripped".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Belfield Park is a fuuckin joke to get to from the main campus.

Been out there loads of times but every time you go back there's a new building or walk way that wasn't there b4!
    Sort it out lads, a few signs or something. How are the new fans that your encouraging to go to games meant to find the ground?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well we won't be playing there this time next season. But if we were I'd agree 100% with your point.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsFans
    Belfield Park is a fuuckin joke to get to from the main campus.
    There are plenty of signs. It's on the maps all around campus, and it's signposted from Foster's Avenue, the main concourse and the engineering car-park where the turn off is.

There's no point putting up any more signs anyway as the aim is to be in the Belfield Bowl by next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The main problem is that there is fencing all over the place and it is impossible to find your way out. I couldn't find my way out of Glenomena for 15/20 minutes!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    But I blame Mad Tom for that!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    UCD V Bohemians:- Quigley; Mahon, McNally, McDonnell, Kenna; McWalter, Finn, Dicker, Ryan; P.Byrne, Sammon SUBS USED:- Kavanagh for McWalter and Brophy for Byrne

What was the attendance?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Around 950.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    A controversial late penalty denied UCD a share of the spoils against bogey side Bohemians in a poor game played in brilliant sunshine in Belfield Park on Saturday. In a game of few chances, Tony McDonnell was deemed to have handballed a cross from the right in the 90th minute and Des Byrne slotted home the resultant penalty.
    After last week's 6-0 drubbing at the hands of Shels, Pete Mahon made four changes to the starting line up. Brian Shortall, Kieran Harte, Stephen Hurley and Derek Doyle made way for Paul Byrne, Ronan Finn, Tony McDonnell and Alan Mahon, giving UCD a close-on full-strength team.
    UCD's best chances in the opening half came from errors from Stephen O'Brien in the Bohs goal. First, he flapped at a cross and allowed Paul Byrne a free header, which Byrne probably owuld have scored had he not been playing his first first-team game in nearly two months. Then he was dispossessed by Conor Sammon on his own six-yard box, but no-one was on hand to turn the ball into the empty net and Bohs were able to clear.
    At the other end, Gareth Farrelly lined up a free from a dangerous position but, unlike Bohs' recent game against Pat's, he drove his kick harmlessly into the wall.
    The second half was more of the same, with about the only talking point being a scuffle between John Paul Kelly and Ronan Finn, already on a yellow card. The referee separated the two from grabbing each others' shirt collars and rather leniently - albeit probably sensibly - decided on a warning rather than a booking apiece, which would have seen UCD reduced to ten men.
    As the game drifted towards a goalless conclusion, it appeared UCD had done enough to secure a point and remain ahead of Bohs in the table, but then came the dramatic last-minute penalty.
    UCD - Quigley; Mahon, Kenna, McNally, McDonnell; Finn, McWalter (Kavanagh), Dicker, Ryan; Byrne (Brophy), Sammon. Subs not used - Harte, Hussey, AN Other

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Horrible stuff. Bad game. Bohs were the better side. As long as the penalty was legitimate (couldn't see the incident to judge one way or another) then you can't complain about the result. UCD haven't won since I came back to Ireland, I just want a damn win, anyhow, anywhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu
    There are plenty of signs. It's on the maps all around campus, and it's signposted from Foster's Avenue, the main concourse and the engineering car-park where the turn off is.
    Yeah because I bring a map with me to every away ground!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Which is why we put them up on big signs around campus for you.

There's one at the Sports Centre and one at the main entrance anyway. There's a couple of others I think as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Which is why we put them up on big signs around campus for you.

There's one at the Sports Centre and one at the main entrance anyway. There's a couple of others I think as well.
    Your missing the point.

The place where you need them most is at/between the bus stop and the 'ground'.
    I'm not gonna bother walking down to a closed down campus to search for a map and then double back and hope I find the ground walking through the UCD zoo!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Your missing the point.

I'm not gonna bother walking down to a closed down campus to search for a map and then double back and hope I find the ground walking through the UCD zoo!
    The ground is considered a write off by the college as they're about to plonk a new research centre on it. They don't bother to mark it out well. From the gate on Foster's Avenue you'd never knew there was a football ground inside it. This was probably your last trip to Belfield Park as we expect to be in the Belfield Bowl at the other end of the campus next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    Your missing the point.

I'm not missing the point at all.

The ground is signposted from the main entrance (where you're most likely to be driving in or walking in from the bus), the turn-off at the engineering block (where you'll need to park and walk down), from the Foster's Avenue entrance (where you may be driving to, or getting the bus to) and from the Sports Centre (where you may mistakenly end up).

If you can't find it after all that...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    http://www.bohemians.ie/goals.htm#2006

It was definitely a penalty. Not a lot that Tony could do about it, but that's the breaks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,232 Posts
    That's never a penalty. You've contradicted yourself in saying that there wasn't anything Tony could do about it as well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    That's never a penalty. You've contradicted yourself in saying that there wasn't anything Tony could do about it as well.
    I think there's only a certain amount of leeway that can be given in unintentional handballs. What's the letter of the law on it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast