Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pre-season Friendlies

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pre-season Friendlies

Rovers kick-off the pre-season on Saturday next in Riverstown with a game versus Arrow Harps. The Rovers website don't have a time for the kick-off. Anyone know anything about the game??
    Rovers have a few players on trial so I'm sure they will be playing in this one so it would be worth a look.
    'Don't dream - to dream is to be disappointed'

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

kick-off time against Arrow harps

Kick-off against Arrow Harps on Saturday 5 Feb is 3 pm - match to be played in the Community Park in Riverstown

Quote Originally Posted by Petmuller
    Rovers kick-off the pre-season on Saturday next in Riverstown with a game versus Arrow Harps. The Rovers website don't have a time for the kick-off. Anyone know anything about the game??
    Rovers have a few players on trial so I'm sure they will be playing in this one so it would be worth a look.
    former (!) webmaster for sligorovers.com

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Thanks for that paraic, should be an interesting work out for the squad and we'll get to see the new guys I'm sure.

Johnny Kenny now plays with Arrow Harps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    and we'll get to see the new guys I'm sure.
    NO, Sean Connor has already said he is only plaing the young players. He aint playing new players until the game against the LOI select 11
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The Champion says that the news guys will get a run out. Now I just don't know who I should believe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    The Champion says that the news guys will get a run out. Now I just don't know who I should believe
    Well the weekender on the 25th of Jan said he was'nt so there you go, you ******* ********
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Arrow Harps versus Rovers

Anyone any news on this fixture. I was told this morning that it's in doubt after all the heavy rain yesterday. Would appreciate if anyone has any news.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by in_da_red
    no, it's on alright. will post on here if anything changes
    Cheers, in da red, keep us updated.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by red til dead
    is there many going to the game? i wanna go but it's gonna be the u21's playing on some shi* pitch so could be a waste of time
    The new guys will get a run out - for how long only Connor knows.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    is there many going to the game? i wanna go but it's gonna be the u21's playing on some shi* pitch so could be a waste of time
    Yeah it is mostly going to be U-21's playing. No new players

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i don't think that's true. if it is i don't know what he's done to deserve a new contract he's crap. fits into the category of jack, carr, gorman etc. as far as i'm concerned

Very harsh red til dead, Alan's only a young lad with potential, personally I hope he has rejoined Rovers as I do feel he deserves a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    I was at the game in Riverstown and Arrow Harps were the much better team. Both Rovers goals came as a result of amatuer goalkeeping. There wasn't much else to report as the game was played on a tight and bumpy pitch. The pick of the Rovers players was Sean Kelly at left back.

I thought Flynn looked lively when he came on and I think Rovers should re-sign him. Also, Arrow Harps No. 14 looked handy, good skill for a tall lad. As for Johnny Kenny, he stayed in the middle of the park and played the game nice and simply.......in fact, someting that is missing from the Rovers team.

One incident however did disappoint me. In the 1st half a bad tackle was made on Kelly by the Harps young centre forward, Connor subsequently had a go at the ref........on seeing that no action was being done....he shouted at Kelly "See if he does that again Sean you have my permission to do it back to him".................Christ so much for community spirit, an bit OTT, I thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Did anyone notice O'Malleys kick out? He was almost landing them in the Arrow Harps box. Over all a very poor game on a very poor surface. Difficult to judge any of the players, but our left back was strong. I thought he was the most impressive Rovers player. Gaffney was quite in midfield, but his goal reminded me of the strike in Tolka. Our front players seen very little of the ball.
    I have scattered my dreams underneath your feet, tread carefully, cos it's my dreams you walk on.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by showgies
    One incident however did disappoint me. In the 1st half a bad tackle was made on Kelly by the Harps young centre forward, Connor subsequently had a go at the ref........on seeing that no action was being done....he shouted at Kelly "See if he does that again Sean you have my permission to do it back to him".................Christ so much for community spirit, an bit OTT, I thought.
    Very disappointing to hear this. This is the type of behavior I'd hoped we get away from once we saw the back of O'Riordan. There's no excuse in the world for those comments.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    new friendly scheduled against glenavon(away) feb15th. a few senior players will be playing. can't wait for first real home friendly.
    Isn't that the same night as the AGM

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I hear Conor O Grady is looking for big money plus a signing on fee. Talks are on going but don't look too good at the moment. Waterford and Galway are interested in signing him.
    Gino O Boyle has been offered a contract with Cork City.
    Best of wishes to Gino, he's a great lad and a very loyal supporter of the Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    yeah ginos a sound man pity rovers didnt get him but all the best to him down there and if he does as well as conor o grady did he will be doing well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    I hear Conor O Grady is looking for big money plus a signing on fee. Talks are on going but don't look too good at the moment. Waterford and Galway are interested in signing him.
    Gino O Boyle has been offered a contract with Cork City.
    Best of wishes to Gino, he's a great lad and a very loyal supporter of the Rovers.
    We have no interest in Conor O' Grady as we cannot afford what he is looking for wage wise!

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If Rovers have no money to sign O'Grady it is interesting that Connor is able to deal with agents in England (who don't work for nothing) in his pursuit of players with no experience of the National League. Add in living expenses and probably paid trips home and it must be costing a fortune to get these players. How much would O'Grady have cost in comparison with these players? At least O'Grady has been around the National League for a few years and has proven himself.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by no11_04
    If Rovers have no money to sign O'Grady it is interesting that Connor is able to deal with agents in England (who don't work for nothing) in his pursuit of players with no experience of the National League. Add in living expenses and probably paid trips home and it must be costing a fortune to get these players. How much would O'Grady have cost in comparison with these players? At least O'Grady has been around the National League for a few years and has proven himself.
    This is the same negative moan again that has plagued our club for years. Now we have a manager in place who seems to want to do a professional job and he's building up contacts along the way, yet only the negatives will be sussed out. Conor O Grady is a local player, working and living locally and yet he tries to get the best deal possible for himself from whomever he plays for. Now while there's absolutely nothing wrong with that we have to look at it from Rovers point of view. The budget is the buzz word and if Conor is going to cost over and above then we simply can't afford him and basically that's the bottom line. The club can't pay out what it doesn't have, enough said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast