Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Aaron Doran

Anyone know anything about this young lad

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/Profile...~45311,00.html

Saw him being interviewed on Sky , looks like he is going to play this weekend for Blackburn.

Sounds promising

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Seemingly played well against Chelsea at the weekend.
    Always look on the bright side of life

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barna Bee View Post

Saw him being interviewed on Sky , looks like he is going to play this weekend for Blackburn.

Sounds promising
    Yeah. He's just turned 18. Pacy player, skillful, likes to get in amongst the opposition players and hassle them (similar in this respect to Hunt). Could be one for the future (although how many times have we heard that before?). Judge at Blackburn also looks a useful young player. Not sure about Treacy.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    167 Posts

Aaron doran

If I were to characterise the three Blackburn lads, I compare Doran to Stephen Hunt (like someone on here said), Judge to Duff (I'd be happy if he was half as good a player) and Treacy to Keith O'Neill (remember he who played for Middlesbrough and tripped over his own feet twice within five minutes of coming on against Macedonia).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Is Judge not a central midfielder?
    I pity the fool!.... But suggest ways that he might improve himself.

www.thefastleague.com

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    If I were to characterise the three Blackburn lads, I compare Doran to Stephen Hunt (like someone on here said), Judge to Duff (I'd be happy if he was half as good a player) and Treacy to Keith O'Neill (remember he who played for Middlesbrough and tripped over his own feet twice within five minutes of coming on against Macedonia).
    Spookily accurate comparisons imo. Though Keith O'Neill possibly looked a bit more skillful than Treacy (despite the tripping over incidence). How about Treacy as a cross between Kilbane and O'Neill?

Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    He played on the right during his very successful loan spell at Plymouth in the second half of the season but can play CM and as a striker apparently.
    Last edited by youngirish; 21/05/2009 at 1:03 PM.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Don't think so. Don Givens has been playing him as the left "corner forward" in his 4-3-3 for the U21s. Probably means he is indeed a natural CM

He makes Liam Miller look like Niall Quinn. His shorts are halfway down his shins. Looks decent though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Barna Bee View Post

Sounds promising
    Played against Liverpool back in April.
    I'm a 23yr old right-handed heterosexual who drinks milk and likes democracy. - dcfcsteve knows me well

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    He played on the right during his very successful loan spell at Plymouth in the second half of the season but can play CM and as a striker apparently.
    I vaguley remember him playing down the centre for Blackburn at the start of the season. May have been a friendly or a cup game. Seemed to have a bit of ball in him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he turns out to be another one of those "Only good in a 5 man midfeild" players that's very common this weather (Kieran Richardson et al)

Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    He makes Liam Miller look like Niall Quinn. His shorts are halfway down his shins. Looks decent though.
    Another talented midget eh!!!

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    started his schollboy football with st pats, them went to crumlin utd before he went to blackburn, good player would expect him to claim 1st team place next season, good luck to him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mark12345 View Post
    I think Treacy and Judge could both be compared with Hunt. Full of energy but not spectacularly skillful. I'm hoping Doran is the Duff of that pack but I haven't seen him.

Doran is one of 6 players born in 1991 or earlier to have played in the premiership this season. The others:
    Wilshere (Arsenal), Delfouneso (Villa), Rodwell, Baxter (Everton) and Macheda (Man Utd)
    Last edited by eirebhoy; 21/05/2009 at 7:00 PM.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Doran is one of 6 players born in 1991 or earlier to have played in the premiership this season. The others:
    Wilshere (Arsenal), Delfouneso (Villa), Rodwell, Baxter (Everton) and Macheda (Man Utd)
    Fcuk Im old......
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I think Treacy and Judge could both be compared with Hunt. Full of energy but not spectacularly skillful. I'm hoping Doran is the Duff of that pack but I haven't seen him.

Judge I'd argue is nothing like Hunt. He's a far more skillful player.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by youngirish View Post
    Judge I'd argue is nothing like Hunt. He's a far more skillful player.
    I haven't seen enough of him but from what I saw he never really beat a player with pure skill. More a turn of pace. I definitely wouldn't have seen him enough to form an accurate opinion though. Duff's close control of the ball at a younger age wasn't far off Messi's. He wasn't the type to hit the ball a few yards past a player and take him on for pace. I haven't seen anything special from Judge, yet anyway.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    I haven't seen enough of him but from what I saw he never really beat a player with pure skill. More a turn of pace. I definitely wouldn't have seen him enough to form an accurate opinion though. Duff's close control of the ball at a younger age wasn't far off Messi's. He wasn't the type to hit the ball a few yards past a player and take him on for pace. I haven't seen anything special from Judge, yet anyway.
    He's a very good chance of being successful in the Premiership if he improves over the next couple of seasons and bulks up a bit.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    I think Treacy and Judge could both be compared with Hunt. Full of energy but not spectacularly skillful.
    I only seen about half a game against some lower league side but Judge had bit more abuot him than Hunt in terms of Technical ability.

www.thefastleague.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Judge started an FA Cup 3rd Round match against Blyth Spartans which was a bit of a disaster for everyone, we scraped through and it was a team of punters... But the fans on the forum said he was the one bright spark and the only one who showed glimpses of flair and some good touches and a lot of energy. He went on loan to Plymouth straight after that and apparently was brilliant, easily one of their best players and chipped in with a few goals as well, they want him back for next year. Doran though is apparently the most higly rated and has the most natural ability, if he's given more opportunities and can build on this next year I think he's definitely giot a chance of being the next Duffer. Great experience being thrown in against Liverpool and Chelsea though. Treacy had some hopes pinned on him but I think he's merely just the best athlete and most physical of the lot and thats why he might see more game time as a Big Sam type player. I gues it all depends on the style Sam imposes for next season and what type of players he's going to want and use. And if Bolton Mk II there'll only be glimpses for the likes of Doran and Judge maybe...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by republicofwhite View Post
    Treacy had some hopes pinned on him but I think he's merely just the best athlete and most physical of the lot and thats why he might see more game time as a Big Sam type player. I gues it all depends on the style Sam imposes for next season and what type of players he's going to want and use. And if Bolton Mk II there'll only be glimpses for the likes of Doran and Judge maybe...
    Thus far Sam seems to have shown a liking for Doran. I'd say he'll get a chance to impress next season - it's up to him to take it. Not too sure about Judge.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    "Doran is one of 6 players born in 1991 or earlier to have played in the premiership this season."

Surely Ryan Giggs was born earlier than 1991

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    I think small tricky players can have a role in Sam's team as "corner forwards" when he goes for a 4-3-3 as he did at Bolton.

Diouf has enjoyed great success in that role, and I feel Doran or Judge could play that role if given a chance.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast