Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Limerick Premier Division 2016/17

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    The 2 goals Carew gave away wer shocking but other than that I taught they bossed the game , if a team changes every week then these mistakes will happen , maybe the playing staff need to have a long look at themselves, maybe it's not all the managements fault

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by booster 03 View Post
    Alan, the only person I can see with an agenda is you, and im not the only one, and that is against Carew Park and the manager. No point in having a discussion with you on it or any of your pieces ( which in the norm are excellent ) because any hint of debate or constructive words against it lead to you justifying it and taken any opinion against your individual article as a personal gripe or agenda. This is my last comment on the issue, if you want to discuss it in more detail you know where to find me.
    I know who you are and where to find you "booster", as I've shown already. It's a shame you didn't have the integrity to contact me through that medium or, even better, over the phone or in person, to express your reservations.

The last time you trashed me under this pseudonym, I approached you on FB to see if you would admit that transgression. You didn't of course.

We all have agendas. Some of the indignities visited upon me by the parties in question are a matter of public record. Many, many more aren't. Because, contrary to your views, August aside, I have tried very hard not to let my justifiable anger infect my writing.

Your agenda is a different one to the rest I imagine, bearing in mind the advice you came to me about a few years ago, of which I've breathed a word to no-one. Would you rather I was still plugging away without any success, however small? If so, you have a lot in common with a few others I can think of ...

Using a pseud was sad years ago when I first signed up here. Now, in 2017, after the advent of social media, it's just pathetic.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanOB View Post
    I know who you are and where to find you "booster", as I've shown already. It's a shame you didn't have the integrity to contact me through that medium or, even better, over the phone or in person, to express your reservations.

The last time you trashed me under this pseudonym, I approached you on FB to see if you would admit that transgression. You didn't of course.

We all have agendas. Some of the indignities visited upon me by the parties in question are a matter of public record. Many, many more aren't. Because, contrary to your views, August aside, I have tried very hard not to let my justifiable anger infect my writing.

Your agenda is a different one to the rest I imagine, bearing in mind the advice you came to me about a few years ago, of which I've breathed a word to no-one. Would you rather I was still plugging away without any success, however small? If so, you have a lot in common with a few others I can think of ...

Using a pseud was sad years ago when I first signed up here. Now, in 2017, after the advent of social media, it's just pathetic.
    The world and its cousins are not out to strike you down. I recall the conversation I had with you and just to double check I went back over it where I said I didn't like your piece regarding some topic, Im on this forum over ten years and my pseud as you call it is not a big secret. In the same conversation I commended your work and above also. I can have this conversation on any medium you so wish.

I think the morale of this conversation is, praise you on your articles but don't dare question or criticize you on any of it.

Anyway, enough for one day.
    Last edited by booster 03; 16/02/2017 at 12:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    People, including my supporters, criticise elements of my articles all the time. Often they are absolutely right, and that criticism improves my work.

You, and others on here, are doing something else -- claiming that I am writing lies, in a newspaper no less, in the pursuit of an agenda against an individual and a club.

I am perfectly entitled to vigourously defend myself against a serious accusation like that, Mike. That is not even in the same zip code as "constructive criticism".

Finally, you don't even know the beginning of the action that has been taken against me in the last six months. Not even the beginning. Because you never asked. If you had, I would have happily filled you in.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    when you first appeared on the scene your reports were actually quite enjoyable to read and they were honest, however as the months went on the praise got to your head because your started demanding to be paid for your "excellent" work which is laughable. since then its everyone is against me mentality with you and its just childish. youve a vendetta against mike and pat because theyve taken what you think you DESERVE but believe they have been around long before you and long after you trust me on that one. your reports and "articles" in the papers are just excuses to have sly digs at anyone who disagrees with your opinions and as for your so called podcasts they were an actually disgrace because that anytime you asked a question to someone on that and they gave an answer you didnt like you just brushed them off or changed the subject quickly.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    244 Posts
    Lads can we take it to PM with the personal stuff and keep the thread for football talk,thanks.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    pity a certain "journalist" couldnt follow your advice instead of using every opportunity he gets to question some peoples creditals with snide remarks but unfortunately his ego wont allow him

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Fairview Rangers 1-2 Janesboro: Tuohy final for ten-man ‘Boro

You'd want to match up superblues37's IP address with a certain very active user on the Limerick FC forum, the 12th man! Going by his post history, that account looks like it was specifically created to have a pop at me, and I'd know that wall-of-text, writing "style" anywhere.

And, hey, at least I know who Eoin Hand is...
    Last edited by AlanOB; 16/02/2017 at 9:09 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Lads looking in from the outside here but at the end of the day it's junior football and not the professional game , fellas have bigger priorities at stake like family's and their livelihood to worry about with out seeing their name plastered all over forums and local papers etc because they went on a bad run or lost a few poxy games .
    Match reports are fine but that's all they should be , as I think it's great for the Limerick league to hi light some of the top players in the country at junior level

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Spot on Rooster

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Not really.

There are three planks upon which the "it's only junior soccer" argument, that is so often trotted out, falls:

1. Everyone, including the people who say "it's only junior soccer", takes the game extremely seriously.

2. At Premier Division level, for some players and almost all managers, the game is far from amateur, and therefore not separate from those folks' "livelihoods". You only need to look at the clutch of players who have voluntarily dropped down from the SSE Airtricity League to junior/intermediate level, in recent weeks, to see what kind of incentives might be available at this level.

3. Finally, opinion-oriented pieces on the GAA, such as those long-written by Martin Kiely for the same newspaper, are considered kosher by all, even though that sport is far cleaner from an incentives perspective -- a complete double-standard.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Not really.

There are three planks upon which the "it's only junior soccer" argument, that is so often trotted out, falls:

1. Everyone, including the people who say "it's only junior soccer", takes the game extremely seriously.

2. At Premier Division level, for some players and almost all managers, the game is far from amateur, and therefore not separate from those folks' "livelihoods". You only need to look at the clutch of players who have voluntarily dropped down from the SSE Airtricity League to junior/intermediate level, in recent weeks, to see what kind of incentives might be available at this level.

3. Finally, opinion-oriented pieces on the GAA, such as those long-written by Martin Kiely for the same newspaper, are considered kosher by all, even though that sport is far cleaner from an incentives perspective -- a complete double-standard.
    Just on point 2 you have no facts on what you talking about here so that makes your point false and inaccurate.For a journalist to make a comment on this is crazy and could get you into trouble.How do you know these lads that left loi don't have time or have other commitments ie work,kids or even not good enough for loi anymore..Stick to the match reports and leave all the other things out and you will be fine.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    It's possible of course that some of the LOI lads -- incidentally, I'm talking outside Limerick here, as I'm pretty sure there aren't any examples of anyone dropping down voluntarily here -- aren't getting anything from their new amateur clubs. That's why I used the word "might".

But what do you think yourself?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think yes but I'm not reporting on games and it won't effect my work if I mention it on forums.You seem to pride yourself on facts this is one fact you won't get to the end of.That's why I think you would be better off sticking to what happens on the field and not off it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Match reports are solely a hobby at the moment. I write an opinion piece for the newspaper, which takes in off the field issues.

But I appreciate your input.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    1. They do, because of tradition, locality or family history among many other things, including the enjoyment of winning or playing well and the craic after games. Some fellas go overboard at times and there's always gossip. But I'm afraid it IS only junior soccer.

2. Foot.ie has gotten into trouble with fellas throwing accusations of players or managers being paid around over the years, I don't think they'd welcome that kind of talk.

3. What about netball? Snooker? Lacrosse? This isn't the GAA. If anyone thinks what you said about players and incentives in that sport isn't true, they need to wake up a little.

Saw the Boro Fairview game tonight, first time in Jackman in a while, dressing rooms look great so well done LDMC. While I'm washing my mouth out, the two dodgy penos aside it was a poor enough game. Pitch was terrible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    1. You've actually contradicted yourself in your response, which shows how much I'm wasting my time here. Amazing.

2. I never said anything about people getting paid. Meanwhile, your concern about foot.ie has rendered you incapable of actually acknowledging the point....again, amazing.

3. Once again, dodging the point, rather than acknowledging the double-standard you and others are engaged in.

At this stage, it's silly of me to even bother. Arguing with nameless, faceless folk who will engage in all kinds of pretzel logic to avoid giving any ground is totally pointless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Jesus man, nobody comes on here just for a row. Going back the years the craic here was brilliant. And part of that might have been because of anonymity. Now every second page is you having a fight with everyone who questions anything you've said. Mods, last thing I want is the thread locked because personally, I'm on here 10 years and it's a great source of information. There's a common denominator to all the rubbish and personal stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Aaaaaaaaanyways back to the football last night.

I though the referee was pretty poor. Harsh sending off for curtain, two dodgy penalty decisions and one or two more players from both teams lucky not to be sent off but i guess a cup tie can always throw up all of the above!

Pitch was in poor nick, Boro were solid and if they didnt have Clarke up top they would struggle to get and create goals, tierney is a big miss as their playmaker behind the striker. Fairview played the much better football but as soon as they got to the final third they struggled. They could do with a Clarke of their own.

Looking forward to the game sunday morning. On a bigger pitch and at home id have to go with a home win.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    1. You've actually contradicted yourself in your response, which shows how much I'm wasting my time here. Amazing.

2. I never said anything about people getting paid. Meanwhile, your concern about foot.ie has rendered you incapable of actually acknowledging the point....again, amazing.

3. Once again, dodging the point, rather than acknowledging the double-standard you and others are engaged in.

At this stage, it's silly of me to even bother. Arguing with nameless, faceless folk who will engage in all kinds of pretzel logic to avoid giving any ground is totally pointless.
    When the shoe is on the other foot you just cant hack it.Well able to dish it out but cant take it back.And you have said players were paid in the past.Your not getting the publicity you crave and its eating you up.

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast