Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Epl 2010/11

Formerly: Rafa B
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    Oh right, just not on here is it? I challenge you to find one of your posts slating Benitez? I know you'll just say you couldn't be bothered, but the truth is there are none.

As for the Hodgson quotes, nobody is suggesting he's doing a good job so far so I'm not sure if it was worth the hassle (wherever you copy & pasted it from).
    You challenge me! LOL

I don't rate Hodgson i never did and never will. He was and never will be as good a manager as the previous one. A change was needed but a change to bring the club forward not backwards. The man is out of his depth end of nothing personal against him. If i want to copy and paste his crazy comments so what big deal. What are you going to do call me an idiot as well for having an opinion on a forum! LOL
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The state Benitez left the club has a huge amount to do with the job that Hodgson faces.

Kind of a silly point, Mourinho didn't take over the reigning European champions. Don't worry though, you'll probably still get your customary 'Thanks' from Rafa B.

Any time.
    Thanks Roadend! PMSL
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yes, I challenge you to find one post of yours slating Benitez, as you claim to have done. Otherwise you are pretty much just admitting that you're lying through your hole. All the girly LOL's in the world won't change that.

I didn't call anybody an idiot for having an opinion on a forum, you must have misunderstood.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Yes, I challenge you to find one post of yours slating Benitez, as you claim to have done. Otherwise you are pretty much just admitting that you're lying through your hole. All the girly LOL's in the world won't change that.

I didn't call anybody an idiot for having an opinion on a forum, you must have misunderstood.
    Grow up!
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa B View Post
    Grow up!
    Okay Rafa, you have shown me the error of my ways. I do apologise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Okay Rafa, you have shown me the error of my ways. I do apologise.
    If you say so! LOL
    Lets talk about six baby

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    The state Benitez left the club has a huge amount to do with the job that Hodgson faces.

Explain using reasoned response and do not regurgitate tabloid clap trap

Kind of a silly point, Mourinho didn't take over the reigning European champions. Don't worry though, you'll probably still get your customary 'Thanks' from Rafa B.

How so, after winning a treble do you think the team still has the same hunger, a lot of the players are another year older and at between 30-37 after their big push last year do you believe they still have that same desire in them.

Any time.
    Between 10.30 and 11pm preferrably, I like to get an early night.

8. Thanks From:

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    It seems some Liverpool fans want Kenny Dalglish to take over from Hodgson, whatever you say about Hodgson I'm all for sentimentality but why on earth would anyone want Dalglish (who has been effectivly out of the game for over a decade) at the helm, it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    It seems some Liverpool fans want Kenny Dalglish to take over from Hodgson, whatever you say about Hodgson I'm all for sentimentality but why on earth would anyone want Dalglish (who has been effectivly out of the game for over a decade) at the helm, it would be an unmitigated disaster.
    I would have agreed with you before the season started but now i think Kenny would do a better job. Ok i know it wouldn't be hard considering the mess Hodgson is making of the job so far.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    Who do you want to replace Roy?

Kenny?
    Keegan?
    Rafa? (doing a great job at Inter).

I think you've got to give him the January transfer window. Let him bring in Hangeland, Zamora and Murphy & see how you get on. Hodgson was a cheap choice and you get what you pay for.....
    Any of the three you mentioned would do a better job than Hodgson. Not his fault i suppose he's just out of his depth.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadend View Post
    Explain using reasoned response and do not regurgitate tabloid clap trap
    I don't read tabloids, or papers in general for that matter. Why do you find it so difficult to believe that you're not the only one with a mind of your own? I believe that Benitez left Liverpool with an extremely limited, unmotivated squad devoid of any sort of confidence. It seems fairly obvious that his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. The squad he left is even worse than the one he inherrited from Houllier, in my opinion. It's all well and good saying he came close to breaking even financially in the transfer marker, but there were still plenty of bad decisions along the way when players coming in weren't as good as the ones going out.

How so, after winning a treble do you think the team still has the same hunger, a lot of the players are another year older and at between 30-37 after their big push last year do you believe they still have that same desire in them.
    I agree it was always going to be a difficult job to follow what Mourinho had achieved. That said, is it not the managers responsibility to keep these players motivated and playing to their capabilities? Are you suggesting Rafa isn't capable of doing that? Inter had 3 Serie A titles in a row when Mourinho took over and their motivation only grew. Also, they are only a couple of months older than the team that won in Madrid, so I think it's a bit early to use the age card!
    Last edited by DeLorean; 16/11/2010 at 11:35 AM.

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    I would have agreed with you before the season started but now i think Kenny would do a better job. Ok i know it wouldn't be hard considering the mess Hodgson is making of the job so far.
    I think it would be a massive risk to get him in charge. In the last 15 years he's only won one Scottish Cup, and it's over a decade since he last managed. I fear he would be out of touch with the modern game. Keegan was only out of management for 3 years (since leaving Man City) and he had a fairly big hand in Newcastle's relegation. I think Liverpool would be at a greater risk of being relegated if Hodgson was replaced with Dalglish than if they just kept Hodgson. I don't think there is a massive case for changing managers halfway through a season unless you're in dire straits (e.g. West Ham), you would be limited in who you could buy in the January transfer window and you would probably only be able to get a manager who was out of work (which might not be the best choice). If you did get Dalglish (or whoever else) in, would you give him the rest of the season to prove himself ? Or a full season (ie to end of 2011-12), you could end up in a Mancini-esque situation where 12 months into a job he'd have done no better than the person he replaced (Hughes) but was able to hide behind the "give me a full season excuse".

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    I don't read tabloids, or papers in general for that matter. Why do you find it so difficult to believe that you're not the only one with a mind of your own? I believe that Benitez left Liverpool with an extremely limited, unmotivated squad devoid of any sort of confidence. It seems fairly obvious that his man management skills leave a lot to be desired. The squad he left is even worse than the one he inherrited from Houllier, in my opinion. It's all well and good saying he came close to breaking even financially in the transfer marker, but there were still plenty of bad decisions along the way when players coming in weren't as good as the ones going out.

I agree it was always going to be a difficult job to follow what Mourinho had achieved. That said, is it not the managers responsibility to keep these players motivated and playing to their capabilities? Are you suggesting Rafa isn't capable of doing that? Inter had 3 Serie A titles in a row when Mourinho took over and their motivation only grew. Also, they are only a couple of months older than the team that won in Madrid, so I think it's a bit early to use the age card!
    Worse than Houllier's?
    Squad GH left: http://www.thefootballnetwork.net/main/s46/st8532.htm

Squad RB left: http://eurorivals.net/squad/liverpool.html

On the motivation side of things, as I previously stated they won the treble last year, it was the culmination of two years building towords that ultimate goal. Sustaining that kind of hunger in that team was a task that was always going to be tough. Having said that we're talking about a guy who motivated a poor squad to a CL title so he clearly has motivational talents. Is he supposed to win the CL again or something to prove he can do that? No team has retained the CL as you well know. Its also early days in the league.

15. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cfdh_edmundo View Post
    I don't favour this either but the thinking of some fans behind it is that he understands what it is to manage a club of their stature and is available, whereas so far RH has brought in a totally mid table attitude in his stlye of play, purchases, team selections and press conferences.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Worse than Houllier's?
    Those squads aren't world's apart. There was more substance in the one that Houllier left, especially in midfield. Couldn't see that squad losing 19 matches in one season.

On the motivation side of things, as I previously stated they won the treble last year, it was the culmination of two years building towords that ultimate goal. Sustaining that kind of hunger in that team was a task that was always going to be tough. Having said that we're talking about a guy who motivated a poor squad to a CL title so he clearly has motivational talents. Is he supposed to win the CL again or something to prove he can do that? No team has retained the CL as you well know. Its also early days in the league.
    Being fair, as I have mentioned already, that Inter job is a very difficult one. It's almost a no win situation for him. Having said that, I also felt the same way when Mourinho took that job. They had already won three Serie A's in a row so winning the Champions League was the only way he would be seen as a real success. I honestly thought they hadn't a prayer of doing that, even under Jose. My critisism of Benitez is from his time at Liverpool, as you say, it is early days at Inter.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Houllier's squad (complete with players the wrong side of 30) is worse in my opinion so we'll agree to disagree.

Jose couldn't win the CL with Chelsea......

20. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    [QUOTE=Roadend;1425561]I don't favour this either but the thinking of some fans behind it is that he understands what it is to manage a club of their stature and is available, whereas so far RH has brought in a totally mid table attitude in his stlye of play, purchases, team selections and press conferences.[/QUOTE]

We,d just beat Chelsea 2 zip , with the majority of the starting 11 being Rafas lads, and all the Owl could wait for was
    to to slag the so called rumour mongers etc that wanted him out of the job...

Bitter , twisted , clueless ... please dont be here in 12 months........................
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    We,d just beat Chelsea 2 zip , with the majority of the starting 11 being Rafas lads
    What's your point? he can't claim any credit for the performance because they're mostly Rafa's players? I presume this means he shouldn't be critisised for their poor performances, seeing as the majority playing in those games were Rafa's players too? It was mostly Houllier's players that won the Champions League in 2005. I really don't know why I bother, I'll just put it down to being bored at work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    What's your point? he can't claim any credit for the performance because they're mostly Rafa's players? I presume this means he shouldn't be critisised for their poor performances, seeing as the majority playing in those games were Rafa's players too? It was mostly Houllier's players that won the Champions League in 2005. I really don't know why I bother, I'll just put it down to being bored at work.
    Shouldn't be following me around the site so nit picking LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by KK77; 17/11/2010 at 11:29 AM.
    Lets talk about six baby

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Houllier's squad (complete with players the wrong side of 30) is worse in my opinion so we'll agree to disagree.
    Fair enough, although I'd prefer to have the likes of Hamman, the wrong side of 30, than Lucas, the right side of 30.

Jose couldn't win the CL with Chelsea......
    True. Suppose the PL was the holy grail at Chelsea though, certainly in his first season there. I'd say he still has nightmares about Gudjohnsen's miss in injury time in front of the Kop, he'd have done a lap of Anfield had that went in.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast