Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

View Poll Results: Will Shels start the new season?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

67 67.68%
  • No

32 32.32%
Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Shelbourne FC Demoted to First Division - All Purpose Thread

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Gavin was just simply awful. For the FAI to effectively promote the eL they must never again waste such a Prime Time opportunity like that.
    Together with all our hearts.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shels survival chances only rated as "50 50" article from Indo.

"THE future for Shelbourne remains in the balance after chairman Finbarr Flood's assertion that a big 48 hours lay ahead for the league champions, with their survival chances rated only as "50-50".

Flood and Shels' management committee are attempting to deal with a long list of creditors and could be forced to pull the plug unless they can find a method to wipe the club's debts with an immediately pressing figure of €4m needing to be cleared.

Unless the creditors are prepared to be patient, the only way Shels will survive is if they can strike a deal with property developer Ossie Kilkenny - who has first option on the sale of the lease on Tolka Park - to follow through on the completion of the sale now.

For the past three seasons, Kilkenny has been providing bridging capital to the club and has offered to put forward the cash to sustain the team for the coming season although that money would be drawn down from the value of any eventual sale.

Kilkenny, who is chairman of the Irish Sports Council, is currently keeping a low profile. He failed to make a scheduled appearance at yesterday's announcement of the Irish Institute for Sport's new Director of Sports Science.

Daniel McDonnell"

Funny then how Flood could come out yesterday and dismiss talk of Shels not being able to participate in the new Premier League or in Europe as rubbish and assure everyone that Shels will be fielding teams in both competitions.

Any of you folk resident in Dublin hear anything on the grapevine that has not already been aired? Personally I think the club would have some chance if they were to volunatrily crop out of the CL and also go down to Division 1 and radically slash their costs. They would at least then get some kudos from other El supporters and could maybe bounce back in a few years ala Rovers.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    its not necessarily about people or how they are organised, its more about the person(s) that is organising them, getting them organised and speaking on behalf and for them.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Iam worried & not...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ??????? OK I can understand the "I am worried" part but the "& not" requires further explanation, care to elaborate?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    Personally I think the club would have some chance if they were to volunatrily crop out of the CL and also go down to Division 1 and radically slash their costs. They would at least then get some kudos from other El supporters and could maybe bounce back in a few years ala Rovers.
    They certainly would earn back some of the respect they've squandered over the last few years. Someone said in another thread, they should drop out senior football for a couple of years and get their house in order, then apply for the A league and work their way up. I would agree with that and if they announced they were going to do that, as much as I loath the fekers I'd consider throwing a few quid into a collection bucket for them. Especially if the fans took over the club.
    Gareth, Higgins and Co., its over to you.
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraic View Post
    Didn't see it, but it's a prety poor indictment of the FAI's PR skills. A trip down to see Bunny Carr might be required for Mr Gavin.

It seems to be a trend though - we had a few of the senior guys in Sligo a couple of seasons ago (03) and I thought the standard of speaking could have been a lot better.

Fran Rooney was at the helm and I really expected him to be a lot better, given the kind of presentations he should have been used to with Baltimore. He was very average.

Brendon Dillon was head of the league at the time, and he was very articulate - a good speaker - pity he's out of things.

I can't remember who else spoke that night, but it was far from inspirational stuff.
    Rooney's never been a good speaker...don't forget it was one of his presentations that precipitated Baltimore's collapse

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Loads of rumours. ome from high placed sources. If Shels pull out I'm sure it'll all come out. I won't say too mcuh but there's more than football authorities looking at things now
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    Loads of rumours. ome from high placed sources. If Shels pull out I'm sure it'll all come out. I won't say too mcuh but there's more than football authorities looking at things now
    Come on Dodge, you can't just leave us hanging on that cliff...

Spill them. Is Inspector Knacker after Shels?
    DCFC

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Gavin a first-class arsehole. Whilst head of the PFAI, he remained quiet for months on the Shels non-payment of wages to players. Why? Because he knew he had a cushy job lined up with the association at the end the season. Compare this to how outspoken the PFAI were at the time of Shamrock Rovers and others were not paying their players. As a former head of the PFAI, Gavin of all people should know how badly the clubs are run. Instead, he has sold out to the forces of evil of Delaney & co.

Also, don't forget that his last act as head of the PFAI was to move the asscociation's headquarters from the SIPTU's offices in Parnell Sq. to the new FAI headquarters in Abbotstown. What other industry would this happen in? Can you imagine ASTI moving their offices to the Dept. of Education? No other union would move in with an association that represents their employers. It's all part of Delaney's plan to have every aspect of the game in this country other his thumb and Gavin went along with it knowing he had the eL job sewn up... a total conflict of interests. Hope the pair of them die screaming... *******...

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhh!!

Sounds intersting, I wonder have the CAB or the revenue commissioners or the Gardai taken an interest in the goings on at Shels? Has someone been making "loads a money" without paying any tax?

Maybe a director taking his salary directly from an aforementioned buscuit tin without inforing the auhtorities? (or some such skullduggery?) Could result in a nasty fine or perhaps even a prison sentence?

C'mon lads the above is pure speculation please spill some beans!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Ollie and Maxi in a cell
    Makes OZ look like Porridge
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    ollie could bring the fags and maxi the lighter
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    ollie could bring the fags
    I doubt they'd be in short supply where they're going
    TO TELL THE TRUTH IS REVOLUTIONARY

The ONLY foot.ie user with a type of logic named after them!

All of this has happened before. All of it will happen again.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pól-dcfc View Post
    Come on Dodge, you can't just leave us hanging on that cliff...

Spill them. Is Inspector Knacker after Shels?

Word on the street is that some creditors are more nervous then others, the revenue arent too keen to hang around waiting either and the developers arent interested in stumping up another 7 figure lump sum.

If the creditors want repayment pronto, they could go legal, get Shels wound up and then get what they are owed from the sale of the asset[s]. I am sure there are others better positioned to explain how exactly this works but thats doing the tounds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeO View Post
    Gavin a first-class arsehole. Whilst head of the PFAI, he remained quiet for months on the Shels non-payment of wages to players. Why? Because he knew he had a cushy job lined up with the association at the end the season. Compare this to how outspoken the PFAI were at the time of Shamrock Rovers and others were not paying their players. As a former head of the PFAI, Gavin of all people should know how badly the clubs are run. Instead, he has sold out to the forces of evil of Delaney & co.

Also, don't forget that his last act as head of the PFAI was to move the asscociation's headquarters from the SIPTU's offices in Parnell Sq. to the new FAI headquarters in Abbotstown. What other industry would this happen in? Can you imagine ASTI moving their offices to the Dept. of Education? No other union would move in with an association that represents their employers. It's all part of Delaney's plan to have every aspect of the game in this country other his thumb and Gavin went along with it knowing he had the eL job sewn up... a total conflict of interests. Hope the pair of them die screaming... *******...
    nail on the head

delaney is unreal - the brass neck of those two thinkin they could get away with this as well

stupid fcks writing a letter over a perceived slight at booze up whilst the irish representatives for the CL are crumbling before there eyes

what the fck is their priority!??!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post

what the fck is their priority!??!
    Take a wild fookin guess. Delaney can't lose with Gavin anyway. After this season is yet another unmitigated disaster, he sacks Gavin and hey presto, he has a scapegoat abd the PFAI is knobbled in one fell swoop.

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Dunnoe, some in the PFAI mightn't be happy. Might turn them more militant

Pigs might fly
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Banner View Post
    I wonder have the CAB or the revenue commissioners or the Gardai taken an interest in the goings on at Shels?
    The Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement should probably have a gander too.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    222 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DannyInvincible View Post
    If the case is that Derry are taking Shelbourne's place as champions, shouldn't Derry be moved to Shelbourne's group, and St. Pat's take the spot in the group left by Derry?
    Aye, but it's handier to leave it the way it is. Would rather change group though, personally.
    Have you ever won the treble?

Page 24 of 43 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast