Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1193

Thread: League of Ireland in Europe 2017

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Whatever about allegations of bias from a particular Twitter account, it appears that the fundamentals of the story are correct according to the Indo, who report that Bradley and another Rovers staffer were sent-off by the referee

Two members of Rovers staff - including first-team manager Stephen Bradley - were sent-off by the referee during an incident-packed second half of the game at the club's Roadstone academy base.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-36096742.html

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    Whatever about allegations of bias from a particular Twitter account, it appears that the fundamentals of the story are correct according to the Indo, who report that Bradley and another Rovers staffer were sent-off by the referee

As i said while technically correct they leave out some key details that make it sound worse than it really is. That article seems to just be based off that tweet to so I would't go off that as proof of what happened

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Fake News, Fake News?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts

John Fallon wasn't at the match. He's working off the same twitter comments as the rest of us. Fair play to him for making a few quid off it though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    John Fallon wasn't at the match. He's working off the same twitter comments as the rest of us. Fair play to him for making a few quid off it though.
    Is there some part of the report mistaken, or is it all factually correct?
    Last edited by Ezeikial; 05/09/2017 at 7:03 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts

mostly factually accurate but facts in the absence of detail or context can be misleading.
    It would be factually correct to say you are "interested" in all things related to Rovers and Stephen Bradley.
    But to report such a fact without mentioning your B.O.D (Bradley Obsessive Disorder) would be to miss out on the broader detail and context that would give a better understanding for a casual reader of this thread that might be unfamiliar with your disorder and the slant that the disorder might give to any comments on any specific situation.
    A bit like asking an alcoholic for his views on a nice pint of Guinness, one can appreciate the potentially true statement that "Guinness is good for you" but you have to keep in mind the illness and think about how it influences the sufferers opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    So, is anyone actually able to say what happened or is it all going to be mindless nonsense on here about who's more obsessed with the other?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

8. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I was at the game. Very good standard of game from both sides would be the first observation and among the players on the pitch it was played in an excellent manner.

The initial incident happened when a Rovers player was "fouled" in/just outside the box, the linesman flagged to award a foul but the referee (who was in a good position to see it) overruled the linesmans decision. 5 minutes after this incident, the linesman waved his flag during a break in play and singled out Bradley (who was standing beyond the fence at the corner flag alongside other prominent members of the Rovers board) Bradley was asked to leave the park.

Ten minutes later in a completely separate incident (last minute of normal time), Rovers were awarded a free kick to the right of the penalty area. St Kevin's set up with a two man walk. As the free kick was being lined up, St Kevin's decided to make a sub and replace one of the players in the wall. As the player being subbed was making his was off the pitch (roughly 10m from the sideline), Rovers took the free kick and scored. The referee awarded the goal, but the linesman who was overseeing the substitution ruled that the goal shouldn't stand (rightlfully in my opinion). The entire Rovers staff surrounded the referee resulting in one member being sent off.

Overall one member of the named technical staff and Bradley (a "spectator") were sent from the park.

This sort of "scandal" is everything that the League of Ireland underage systems were created to steer away from.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Thanks for that, ThirdManRun.

But we should probably keep this thread on topic folks. We have another thread for the national underage leagues.

12. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdManRun View Post
    I was at the game. Very good standard of game from both sides would be the first observation and among the players on the pitch it was played in an excellent manner.

The initial incident happened when a Rovers player was "fouled" in/just outside the box, the linesman flagged to award a foul but the referee (who was in a good position to see it) overruled the linesmans decision. 5 minutes after this incident, the linesman waved his flag during a break in play and singled out Bradley (who was standing beyond the fence at the corner flag alongside other prominent members of the Rovers board) Bradley was asked to leave the park.

Ten minutes later in a completely separate incident (last minute of normal time), Rovers were awarded a free kick to the right of the penalty area. St Kevin's set up with a two man walk. As the free kick was being lined up, St Kevin's decided to make a sub and replace one of the players in the wall. As the player being subbed was making his was off the pitch (roughly 10m from the sideline), Rovers took the free kick and scored. The referee awarded the goal, but the linesman who was overseeing the substitution ruled that the goal shouldn't stand (rightlfully in my opinion). The entire Rovers staff surrounded the referee resulting in one member being sent off.

Overall one member of the named technical staff and Bradley (a "spectator") were sent from the park.

This sort of "scandal" is everything that the League of Ireland underage systems were created to steer away from.
    Thanks for the unbiased view, first ive seen anyway. I heard the football was great on the day. As a player though if i had that goal disallowed i'd be absolutely fuming since the linesman cant actually make a sub just ask the ref to make it but it would also be very harsh on Kevin's as blame has to rest purely on the linesman there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    772 Posts

This part doesn't read well for Bradley, pretty shameful whatever happened regarding the incident at the end. Does it really matter long term if Rovers are inaugural u15 champions?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    As far as I know he was sent off, yeah. My point was using a report based on tweets to confirm the veracity of those tweets is ridiculous.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RathfarnhamHoop View Post
    No but but what i am saying is theyre making it out to be a lot worse than it was when you compare what theyre saying to what other people who were there were saying that becomes pretty clear. For instance he says two members of staff were sent off, what he doesn't mention is they were just spectators at the game and according to other people that were there one was just a fan while the other was Bradley. Also according to people who were there it was far from "verbal abuse", ive heard the lino was asked a question with no voices even raised but i wasn't there so i dont know for sure. They also leave out that refereeing performance was apparently a complete shambles. They also dont point out that apparently it was a brilliant game of football with both teams playing the right way.
    So all that considered that account is the last place id go for an accurate account of what happened.
    Can a referee send off spectators at a match ?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Thanks for the others details, but I don't really think this has anything to do with LOI underage vs schoolboy system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    As far as I know he was sent off, yeah. My point was using a report based on tweets to confirm the veracity of those tweets is ridiculous.
    So you agree that the Indo report is factually correct but are still banging on about how the journo sourced his information?

According to many Hoops fans there always seems to be a reason (or "context") to deflect away from unpalatable realities whether that has got to do with pitch invasions, racist abuse, red cards, BradleyBalls, filing fraudulent accounts or violent attacks on other fans

I surprised that you seem to be doing the same.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    So you agree that the Indo report is factually correct but are still banging on about how the journo sourced his information?

According to many Hoops fans there always seems to be a reason (or "context") to deflect away from unpalatable realities whether that has got to do with pitch invasions, racist abuse, red cards, BradleyBalls, filing fraudulent accounts or violent attacks on other fans

I surprised that you seem to be doing the same.
    As has been explained to you the problem isnt the article the problem is you using source b that is based off source a to prove source a is correct. But as is par for the course for you ignore that since it doesn't suit your spin on events

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lol B.O.D flog them all I say flog them. Start with the season ticket holders, that will teach them....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    194 Posts
    Rule 1 on Foot.ie
    http://foot.ie/threads/34422-Rules-Links-Info

mea culpa for(kind of) dragging the thread off topic.Split mod if you see the need to do so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Lol i'll appeal on the basis of irrefutable body of evidence...he really is tiresome but I'm done with him now , I'm equally sorry for going off topic I'll try to not rise to the troling
    Last edited by sbgawa; 05/09/2017 at 10:08 PM.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufcfan View Post
    Thanks for the others details, but I don't really think this has anything to do with LOI underage vs schoolboy system.
    No problem. For me, the League of Ireland underage system was an unbelievable opportunity to move away from the traditional set up of "win at all costs", which has an awful overbearing input on player development in this country. During my time working in both school boy and League of Ireland football, this has always been the defining difference between both. Hopefully this can carry on this way rather than being dragged down to the standards of schoolboy football, which I'm sure everyone agrees is what needs to be avoided.

Apologies to the mods for for dragging this thread off course.

Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast