Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Only heard the results but big win for Rathkeale yesterday against Broadford...anyone at the game that can give a synopsis please??
    2 very good wins for Ballingarry & Carrig against Glin & Killeaney also.

Although the advantage is obviously with Rathkeale; they still have Abbeyfeale to play home & away... long way to go yet.
    Personally I think Abbeyfeale will win it, I can't see Rathkeale sustaining their current form for the remainder of the season... Abbeyfeale have the best panel in the league; the only thing that may hinder them is their participation in so many competitions.
    OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YA BEAUTY! What a hit son... what a hit!

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Was at Broadford V Rathkeale yesterday morning. Broadford were the better side for most of it and had the better spells of possession, however in terms of effectiveness you'd have to say Rathkeale were more direct and had a clear idea of how they were going to win. Broadford's possession came in their own half and Rathkeale (rightly so given a 6 point lead in the table) were more than comfortable letting them have it and defending deep. Rathkeale left Declan Nash up on his own against defenders Bryan Hannigan and Dylan Kelly, he absolutely torched them, getting a goal in each half. First Rathkeale goal was against the run of play to say the least as broadford later seige to Rathkeale goal and had a goal line block deny them early, broadford turned over possession on half way, 3 or 4 quick passes later it was 1-0. Broadford continued to boss possession however mid way through the second half the second goal came, Joe McAuliffe gave the ball away to Nash who faces up Dylan Kelly and burned him (aided by a slippery surface which slightly upended Kelly) one on one before finishing off the inside of the near post.
    Going to be tough to catch them

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruyff View Post
    Was at Broadford V Rathkeale yesterday morning. Broadford were the better side for most of it and had the better spells of possession, however in terms of effectiveness you'd have to say Rathkeale were more direct and had a clear idea of how they were going to win. Broadford's possession came in their own half and Rathkeale (rightly so given a 6 point lead in the table) were more than comfortable letting them have it and defending deep. Rathkeale left Declan Nash up on his own against defenders Bryan Hannigan and Dylan Kelly, he absolutely torched them, getting a goal in each half. First Rathkeale goal was against the run of play to say the least as broadford later seige to Rathkeale goal and had a goal line block deny them early, broadford turned over possession on half way, 3 or 4 quick passes later it was 1-0. Broadford continued to boss possession however mid way through the second half the second goal came, Joe McAuliffe gave the ball away to Nash who faces up Dylan Kelly and burned him (aided by a slippery surface which slightly upended Kelly) one on one before finishing off the inside of the near post.
    Going to be tough to catch them
    Sound for that Cruyff, seems Broadford were architects of their own downfall - surprised about Dylan Kelly & Bryan Hannigan too v. good defenders in my opinion, Declan Nash does only need a sniff of a chance though!
    There'll still be a lot of twists and turns yet...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    In fairness as I said Broadford had the best of it, also I forgot to mention Broadford had what I thought was a penalty that was not given by Ger O Connor, wasn't stonewall but I've seen them given for less.
    Rathkeale will be difficult to catch just based on points, however I saw them play Abbeyfeale in the Munster Junior early in the season and Rathkeale had awful trouble dealing with the pace and athleticism of Abbeyfeale.
    I saw nothing yesterday to disuade me from thinking that if the met again Abbeyfeale would probably win. The fixture backlog will be a real thing for Abbeyfeale to content with, they're lucky they gave the floodlights which should allow a few midweek local games to ease it a bit.
    The top of our league is of a good standard at the moment, any other year we'd be saying the league was over if someone was 4-6 points clear

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Dunno if true or not but heard Killeaney were on bout pulling out of the league. Could be only rumours but that's wat I heard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fanaticfan View Post
    Dunno if true or not but heard Killeaney were on bout pulling out of the league. Could be only rumours but that's wat I heard
    Hardly?? They only lost 2-1 to Carrig Celtic last weekend & drew with Glin just before Christmas.
    They did always have a small enough squad but had 2- 3 handy young fellas over the last year or 2. If they do go that would be terrible for the league, especially with the difficulties Newcastle West have had too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Enforcer View Post
    Abbey put in fai on the 15th and Munster on the 22nd as far as I know
    If you're right The Enforcer Abbeyfeale will be out of domestic action for the next 2 weeks - may give Rathkeale a chance to go even further ahead!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Declan nash was almost unplayable Sunday. Rathkeale well worth the win in my opinion

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Never saw the guy before Sunday and only found out his name from this thread

Declan Nash was on fire. A joy to watch

Rathkeale were good value for there win but he alone was the big difference in this game.

Possibly the classiest performance by a junior player i'v seen.
    Has he always played with rathkeale?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Alright Declan, give it a rest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Treaty Gooner - Ahahaha

greengrass (Declan?!) - Rathkeale were good value for there (their) win...!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Declan nash for player of the season after that performance unplayable my good god, classiest performance ever by a junior player. either its himself or Keith Hartnett blowing his trumpet because trust because them boys like licking each others footballs. having said that fair play to Rathkeale and the position there in but come on lads its too early to be rating each other.killeaney won't pull out of the league they'll be relegated but that's as far as that goes, best of luck to Abbeyfeale on Sunday also, good to have the league represented once again.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sky sources: Shanghai Shenhua have made a 2 million pound bid for Declan Nash.

Jokes aside Rathkeale to win the league nowas Abbey's involvement in ALL comps will surely take its toll but won't be far behind. I think it looks like Athea, NCW and Killarney will be fighting it to stay up.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    I heard today abbey may be playing in ratkeale if there own pitch is unplayable. Hopefully this will not be the case as you need every bit of advantage u can get, I heard kelliher on radio this morn and to be fair he sounded confident..it would be great if they could turn over another big scalp.. hopefully desmond league supporters will get behind Dem, good luck and there a great price at 5/2 in powers. If anyone knows definate venue can u put it up please as I hope to travel..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    Preview will be up soon.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Anyone at the abbey match. Were they well beaten or hard done by

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Abbeyfeale were very unlucky, Navan had 2 shots on target and scored both. Abbeyfeale had 4 or 5 great chances and a penalty that should have been given to them in the first half. The only real scare that Navan gave Abbeyfeale was a diagonal cross that bounced over Billy Quirke and hit the post, 5 minutes later a low shot from the left was parried by Quirke into the path of an incoming striker, the Abbeyfeale defender had to stick his boot out to try and stop the tap in and unfortunately turned it into his own net, no real fault on his part. Abbeyfeale were well below what they're capable of, Navan are a very experienced, clever side who knew what Abbeyfeale were going to do well and did well to take it away mostly. They pressed high up stopping the balls down the channel that Abbeyfeale usually kill teams with to get in behind, despite this Abbeyfeale were still the better side on chances created. Mid way through the second half Abbeyfeale lost the ball on half way, (probably was a foul on Barry Sheedy I thought but not given) Navan striker received the ball 30 yards out 1 on 2 with Cormac Roche and Billy Quirke, turned this way and that in the edge of the box and chipped the ball over Quirke into the left hand corner of the net, Game Over. Chris Smith and Joe Kelliher were fantastic for Abbeyfeale, really couldn't say enough about how good Smith was, must have won 20 headers.
    Fair play to Abbeyfeale reaching this stage and unfortunately they didn't get the luck on the day, still that won't be much consolation to them.
    There will be other chances especially in the Munster Junior and regardless of how their season plays out they've been terrific ambassadors for our league.

Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast