Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleep Paralysis

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Babysis View Post
    I still suffer frequently with troubled sleep. For me its basically a nightmare where your awake (but not quite fully enough to know its not real).
    They feel so real its petrifying - People in my room / Rats on my bed - I eventually come round terrified, having reacted as if there was someone on my room etc and confused as to whether it was real or not. When I get them bad its 4 or 5 a night. The closest thing to describe it that Ive seen is sleep/night terrors. I know its caused by stress with me, and thankfully they happen less since lately so not too bad at all.
    That sorta stuff though happens after the night you have been out as well. Especially the rats thing, however do a wikipedia for rats end of bed dreams...
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Probably hitting the ketamine too hard

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    I still suffer frequently with troubled sleep. For me its basically a nightmare where your awake (but not quite fully enough to know its not real).
    They feel so real its petrifying - People in my room / Rats on my bed - I eventually come round terrified, having reacted as if there was someone on my room etc and confused as to whether it was real or not.
    Thats just the DTs

International Prospect osarusan's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,000 Posts
    People in my room / Rats on my bed
    Easiest solution would be to move out of Ballymun.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Controlling the dream part usually only happens for a few seconds to me. What has happened a lot of the time is that I'll realise it's the dream and not be too worried so wait a bit until my body wakes up. When you do that you can actually just lay there and it feels very very strange, like looking out of the body of a dead person I'd imagine.

Otherwise you're trying to move and get annoyed when you can't and trying to talk and nothing is coming out and you panic!

I did have one dream where in the dream part I could see people inside my house downstairs, they started to come upstrairs and then my eyes opened but all the time I thought they were still walking up the stairs. I could see the door to the bedroom was open and was trying to shout and wriggle around to warn the girlfriend. It only went on for seconds but I could picture them on the stairs getting closer and closer and eventually just as I imagined they would have made it to the door I started to move and come around to the fact it was a dream!

Because initially I had two or three of these people in the house dreams I'm sometimes aware that I've had them as I'm trying get to sleep and this probably brings them on again!
    Last edited by higgins; 27/02/2008 at 1:27 PM.
    John Delaney!! GET OUT!!!
    www.ssdg.ie

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    When you do that you can actually just lay there and it feels very very strange, like looking out of the body of a dead person I'd imagine.
    Ya, weird but thats what I thought too....I read that this is what they reckon a lot of people get and think "OHHH MY GAWWWD, I had a near death experience..."
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Never had the feeling of someone coming into the room, but certainly get the paralysis a fair bit, not for a while though. I can never tell if I am actually awake, or just dreaming it.
    Celebrating 130 Years of Athlone Town Football Club - Pride of the Midlands Since 1887

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    Probably hitting the ketamine too hard
    Was just thinking that oddly enough a lot of the experiences being described here are what friends have told me ketamine is like.

Shocking proliferation of k-heads in Foot ranks??

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by atfconline View Post
    Never had the feeling of someone coming into the room, but certainly get the paralysis a fair bit, not for a while though. I can never tell if I am actually awake, or just dreaming it.
    you should know, because it movement just occurs all of a sudden, but there is bits that are vague alright.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I've been having a recurring dream on and off for years now. I'd be sitting or lying down and one time was actually playing indoor football and went in for a sliding tackle and when I go to get up its as if there is no strength in my legs it a really weird feeling

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Join the club!

I'd be trying to kick a ball, tackle, etc, but my legs rarely seem to work! I figured it might have something to do with my muscles being weak after an operation, but never really gave it a world of thought. How about you?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I did give it a bit of thought and reckoned it has to do with my irrational fear of ending up in a wheelchair

ps this is a bloody good thread

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Well I hold no such (very irrational by the way) fears so no common link there.

Here, why don't you pay a shrink €200 to tell you what it's about and then you tell me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post
    Here, why don't you pay a shrink €200 to tell you what it's about and then you tell me.
    I cant afford a shrink which may be the cause of the Dream according to the Dream Dictionary

"If you can't use your legs, it portends poverty."

see you down the Dole office on thursday

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Oh well, a lifetime of poverty it is then.

Maybe I can become Taoiseach and get friends and family to dig me out of my hole.

Seriously though, I think dreams are meant to be our unconscious trying to guide us in the right direction so maybe you're being told to budget for an extra mouth to feed while I must sort out a job/career for myself over the next six months. Maybe some degree of truth to it. Well at least we know now and can plan together to avoid destitution. We should make a pact; dream-brother!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingdom hoop View Post

Seriously though, I think dreams are meant to be our unconscious trying to guide us in the right direction
    That sort of vindication has me off to America to follow my dreams and try and coax the Olsen Twins into a threesome, how could my subconscious be wrong?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Block G Raptor View Post
    I did give it a bit of thought and reckoned it has to do with my irrational fear of ending up in a wheelchair

ps this is a bloody good thread
    Ya, I have that fear too, getting run down and stuff, and have often been like this.

Yes, all things started by me are bloody good threads
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    That sorta stuff though happens after the night you have been out as well. Especially the rats thing, however do a wikipedia for rats end of bed dreams...
    If these were drink related Id stop drinking, simple as. Once it was a rat but most times its something else. Anyway, it doesnt matter, no point trying to explain - It just sounds stupid. Its not what you have, so will just leave it there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts
    I had the sleep paralysis thing a few times.

First time I was staying in the spare room at a friends place, I felt a "presence" get in the bed beside me, realised I couldnt move no matter how hard I tried, then I started calling for help, I was roaring out as loud as humanly possible (but no sound came out) and after what seemed like ten minutes I woke - or so I thought. I realised I still couldnt move and after another 5 or 10 minutes of trying unsuccessfully to move my limbs I finally awoke (this time for real). I was completely freaked out by the experience, I switched on the light and couldnt get back to sleep for two or three hours out of pure fear

I didnt tell anyone about it, but months later it came up in conversation that my friend had a ouija board in the cupboard in that room and even though I dont believe in that stuff it still sent a shiver up my spine!

Second time I had the paralysis thing was about 4 years later staying at my parents place. Didn't have the "presence" in the bed this time but still found it very unsettling.

Last time it happened I sort of realised what was going on so I rode it out so to speak.

My brother-in-law said he'd heard of that sort of thing before and some people say its due to having a bad spirit in the house, again I dont believe in that stuff but its not what you want to hear!!

I'm just relieved to know I'm not the only one who gets this
    Last edited by KevB76; 27/02/2008 at 5:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    LTID

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    good grief, what a weird bunch you lot are Footie is the place to go to make you feel normal and sane. I dont get any of this thankfully but am a very light sleeper, a mouse farting would wake me.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast