Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI Cup final may not go ahead?!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jebus View Post
    For the record I agree with Cork on this issue, I'm having a go at different people in this thread. And thankfully someone on an Eircom League forum can see that Limerick FC were royally screwed by the FAI last season. I was never a fan of Danny Drew, but the FAI kicking Limerick FC out last year just so they could get rid of Danny himself set a benchmark to other clubs and their chairmen for what they will be about for years to come
    I cant comment as i don't know enough but i still observed and even if he slept with Delaneys wife, that is still no a good enough reason to exterminate a club like that.

Its like something from the dark ages carrying out business like that.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    I cant comment as i don't know enough but i still observed and even if he slept with Delaneys wife, that is still no a good enough reason to exterminate a club like that.

Its like something from the dark ages carrying out business like that.
    That's the sort of filth we're all going to have to deal with though, to think some people celebrated the FAI doing that last year is mind boggling. I remember a few people asking why the Limerick fans weren't having fund raisers and the like to help the club out, but it was never about money, or where Limerick played etc., it was always about getting rid of Danny, and since he wasn't selling, and the FAI weren't allowing him into their new shiny league we were completely screwed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Celdrog View Post
    Why did nobody complain when it was discussed before the semi finals?
    Looks to me like the FAI are giving what they always did but are guaranteeing it will be made up to €100,000 minimum. Seems like a very good deal for the clubs. I've never seen it anywhere the prizemoney would be €100k. I did see that the winners would get €100k, although I stand to be corrected on this.
    Small crowd -winners get €100,000. Big crowd - winners get more than €100,000.

Looks like Cork want €100k if they win plus the share of the gate. FFS it was only €100k for coming second in the league, Get real
    A fellow UCD fan suggested to me today that perhaps the Ford sponsorship deal is a significant improvement on the last one and that the FAI are giving the impression of benevolence but are in fact keeping a bigger slice of the sponsorship pie plus the gate receipts. It sounds plausible.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Poor Student View Post
    A fellow UCD fan suggested to me today that perhaps the Ford sponsorship deal is a significant improvement on the last one and that the FAI are giving the impression of benevolence but are in fact keeping a bigger slice of the sponsorship pie plus the gate receipts. It sounds plausible.
    Ah yes Ford that would be the shower of feckers who threw hundreds of Cork people on the dole in the 1980's now wouldn't it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    If the FAI made a **** up and suddenly realised they weren't going to get much profit out of the Final they should have accepted it instead of moving the goalposts. Surely history has taught them that this sort of carry on just gets the clubs backs up. Then again, they seem to get away with it and that's because the EL clubs have basically lost control of the league which is now run by representatives of Junior Leagues and John Delaney whose main interest(apart from himself and his hair) is Man Ure.

The right thing to do would be to have taken the hit and change the rules before next seaon. Maybe if all the clubs could pull together for once instead of scoring points off each other Delaney might back off and come to his senses.
    "Look at them. They're all out of step except my son Johnny"
    Mrs. Delaney

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    What do you mean promises? Am i missing something here?

For the record, i am referring to the FAIs rules for the competition, you know the ones ..... the ones we all have to adhere to.

What are the promises you are on about? Is this from a newspaper article or something
    The reason the clubs went along with the FAI/el merger was because the FAI must've been offering something shiny. Then when they took control they started, as you said somewhere else today, shifting the goalposts. This includes, more than likely, not keeping any promises made to the clubs
    beforethe FAI/el merger.
    Quote Originally Posted by A face
    Have you posted in the wrong thread or something? Or are you referring to the FAI's problem with the Irish Managers position? Come on Frank, help us out here man will ya.
    Delaney promised a "world class manager" and then gave Staunton the job. An example of a promise the FAI went back on.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    The reason the clubs went along with the FAI/el merger was because the FAI must've been offering something shiny. Then when they took control they started, as you said somewhere else today, shifting the goalposts. This includes, more than likely, not keeping any promises made to the clubs.
    But Frank, this is an all new low ..... even for them.

Here is a quote from another forum

The crucial thing here is the TV money, which clubs normally share. It seems the FAIlures want to keep it for themselves. That's where the real revenue is. According to some paper this morning; the Star, I think; the total amount could come to €250,000
    €250,000

Its not just Cork and Longford getting RRS now, its everyone ..... if they put this in the rules next year then they'll effectively be cutting off the oxygen supply for every club and the competition for ever more.

I mean we all want to see a stage where the final would attract 60,000 on a regular basis. The FAI might not have ambition but i'd like to think that clubs do.

This should be fought tooth and nail
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man Himself View Post
    who the hell do cork think they are.
    its called the fai cup and its run by the fai. so the fai can do it what ever way they want.
    hope john delaney is man enough to stand up to them and kick them out of it.

cork think they own the fecking league.
    We paid our entrance fee to the competition and signed up to the rules along with every other entrant. The FAI can't just "do it what ever way they want." If they could, longford wouldnt be in the final.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    Membership Advisory Board
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The FAI have told ticketmaster to release the tickets to the final early in order to use the paying fans as leverage against City in any arguments. They're on sale now.

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180...norcatid=10004
    Last edited by GavinZac; 10/11/2007 at 9:39 PM.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post
    The FAI have told ticketmaster to release the tickets to the final early in order to use the paying fans as leverage against City in any arguments. They're on sale now.
    This is only the start of the dirty tactics now i'd say. Watch this space, fair play as we know it may be at an end.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Up Cork!

I love a good scandal.
    Because if Gabriel doesn't rollerblade to the Chelsea Piers then the terrorists have truly won.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    how much can the RDS hold lads?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

kdjac
    5-0

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GavinZac View Post

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/event/180...norcatid=10004
    tickets for last years final were on sale the following monday after our semi final, but hey let not get in the way of a good RRS thread.

kdjac
    5-0

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kdjaC View Post
    tickets for last years final were on sale the following monday after our semi final, but hey let not get in the way of a good RRS thread.

kdjac
    Fair play, i'm glad for you.

Why did the FAI tell clubs it would be next week before the tickets went on sale? And why are both clubs none the wiser about which stands are for them? So is it the case there is no segregation this year and the atmosphere will plummet?

Also, did the FAI fawk of to Durban on some junket after your semi-final last year? Oh that right, they didn't .... but sure dont let that get in the way of making a stupid post

Seriously man, put more effort in willya. Engage the brain before you type, it works out better for everyone that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

kdjac
    The final wasn't in December last year
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    The final wasn't in December last year
    That's right, 3 December 2006 wasn't in December
    http://pix.ie/widgets/generate/accou...000-F5F5FF.jpg

"It's time for the FAI to grow up." John O'Donoghue, Minister for Sport, RTE , Sunday 7 Nov 2004

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Irrelevant.

a) The FAI stated the tickets would not yet be for sale.
    b) The tickets have gone on sale rushed, with open placing in any stand.
    c) The date and venue of this year's final were not confirmed until after this years semi finals.
    d) Last years final took place in Lansdowne road and accordingly the FAI would have been at pains to sell as many tickets as early possible in an attempt to justify the capacity.

kdjac
    stop signing your posts. thats what your signature is for.
    Last edited by GavinZac; 11/11/2007 at 12:29 AM.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Fair play, i'm glad for you.

Why did the FAI tell clubs it would be next week before the tickets went on sale? And why are both clubs none the wiser about which stands are for them? So is it the case there is no segregation this year and the atmosphere will plummet?

Also, did the FAI fawk of to Durban on some junket after your semi-final last year? Oh that right, they didn't .... but sure dont let that get in the way of making a stupid post

Seriously man, put more effort in willya. Engage the brain before you type, it works out better for everyone that way.
    WTF a face? he simply stated the facts. Tickets went on sale early last year. Relax man...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    WTF a face? he simply stated the facts. Tickets went on sale early last year. Relax man...
    And yera he only made a sly comment about "RRS". Thats a fact I suppose? We're only on here complaining because sure thats what Cork fans do, complain.

Do you not get that this affects yourselves next year as well as us? You might never win the cup but allowing the FAI to break their contract and give the clubs whatever deal they feel like giving at the last moment is not a precedent any eL fan should want set.
    Your Chairperson,
    Gavin
    "Ex Bardus , Vicis"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast