Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Czech Republic 1-0 Ireland post match discussion thread

Fair play to Dunphy cause i certainly wouldnt let Staunton drive the train to cork. On a serious note though he is speaking exactly how we feel.

25 Posts
    The man speaks the truth!
    Say nothin til ya hear more!

Quote Originally Posted by eekers View Post
    dunphy "would you let him drive the train to cork?" in reply to bill talking about stan training on the job.
    well stan has got a very exciting voice for the announcements. Reminds me of that Father Ted episode.
    "No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Finlay Harp View Post
    Dunphy is a legend!
    what a rant, says how we feel
    We'll never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Réiteoir View Post
    Cunningham being a massive tool again

"Not the time to be assessing the manager's position"

"Qualification not important"

Dense idiot

former ireland international employed to give comment on the ireland team in 'too close to the his old mate the manager to give impartial comment' shocker

People are forgetting thats it is not Stans fault. the root of the problem is a certain Mr Delaney of Merrion Square.
    "No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." - Edmund Burke

rio scores cracker for them
    We'll never die!

Fcuk it , I've to go to work. It's going to be a long night. Maybe it's just as well. Take my mind of the game.
    "Look at them. They're all out of step except my son Johnny"
    Mrs. Delaney

67 Posts
    Fooking Scotland winning 1-0 in Paris!!! We've far better players than them, but they've a good manager

3,314 Posts
    Fair play to Brady for saying it was time for Stan to go, even if he's his mate and it hurts to say it

57 Posts
    "great battlings (sic) performance"
    "didn't start well"
    "no time to reflect on the result"
    "we're in a rebuilding process"

:shake my head:
    Kom Igen, FCK...

188 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Fair play to Brady for saying it was time for Stan to go, even if he's his mate and it hurts to say it
    Yeah you could see it wasnt easy for him. but its his job.

**** off Delaney and thanks Stan but you're not good enough.

25 Posts
    Building process. Utter nonsense!

Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    at least hes sayin it
    We'll never die!

...did you hear that??? the man is officially a muppet...just be honest stan please....

2,631 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by biscuit View Post
    iv a lump in my throat...it just aint fair...another major championship that we miss...why cant the people like delaney and the rest of that inept shower of ***** emply a man that will have some sort of knowledge of the game and not a diddering fool like that dundalk ****

its not unfair. We get what we deserve. As a country we deserve no success as we simply do not give a sh1t about Irish football. I know this probably isnt the time or the place but Irish people need to get up off their fat lazy arses and start supporting domestic club soccer if they want international success anytime in the next 20 years. The influx of foreigners to the premiership is killing our hopes of allowing English football to develop our players. The government with our "soccer mad taoiseach" needs to invest in domestic soccer. The FAI needs to ensure this happens. The Irish people need to get up and start being real football supporters. If the domestic game thrives, the international team thrives.

Look at our players - in the past there would be no Celtic fringe (occasionally good) player like McGeady near the squad, there would be no League One player in the squad - Jack and Mick barely played Championship players ffs. We can not rely on the Premiership anymore

Stan is not the problem. He shouldnt be there but he is not the problem. Irish football is ROTTEN from the inside out. From the FAI to the barstool.

The solution? It will take years no matter what direction it goes. My suggestion - start supporting the domestic game. Not just the barstoolers - EVERYONE - the Govt., the FAI, everyone. Sure we may finish third seeds this time round but its not going to be any better next time round.

25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    its not unfair. We get what we deserve. As a country we deserve no success as we simply do not give a sh1t about Irish football. I know this probably isnt the time or the place but Irish people need to get up off their fat lazy arses and start supporting domestic club soccer if they want international success anytime in the next 20 years. The influx of foreigners to the premiership is killing our hopes of allowing English football to develop our players. The government with our "soccer mad taoiseach" needs to invest in domestic soccer. The FAI needs to ensure this happens. The Irish people need to get up and start being real football supporters. If the domestic game thrives, the international team thrives.

Look at our players - in the past there would be no Celtic fringe (occasionally good) player like McGeady near the squad, there would be no League One player in the squad - Jack and Mick barely played Championship players ffs. We can not rely on the Premiership anymore

Stan is not the problem. He shouldnt be there but he is not the problem. Irish football is ROTTEN from the inside out. From the FAI to the barstool.

The solution? It will take years no matter what direction it goes. My suggestion - start supporting the domestic game. Not just the barstoolers - EVERYONE - the Govt., the FAI, everyone. Sure we may finish third seeds this time round but its not going to be any better next time round.
    Well said.

Foot.ie!

Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post

Here Here
    We'll never die!

cant argue with you there mate...i think you know what i meant though -it was more how i felt!! the end of the RTE show summed it up there, list of Premier**** fixtures and then an add for the CL

12 Posts
    As I've said before little things make a big difference, we could easily have had a draw tonight even with a sending off.

Shoudl Stan go? Only if a better manager is available and that doesnt mean John Aldridge, John Sheridan, Kevin moran or anyone of that ilk. The minimum would be O'Leary. Stan is an improved manager on the beginning of the campaign. Don't sack him then see who wants the job and end up appointing Kenny Cunningham.

Is it due to a weak league. In a way yes, but there is no shortage of talent in the Irish team.

To me the significant thing was Duff's injury. I think with Duff fit we'd have got 4 points (3+1).

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast