Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New guy

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

New guy

hello fellow foot users just registered looking forward to the season ahead.
    Last edited by sky blue; 02/08/2007 at 8:57 AM. Reason: miss spelling

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Welcome to the club!......lots of crazy people here ( yes I do include myself ) so as a Sky Blue fan, you'll have no problem fitting in!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Welcome .... if you're any good at football join the foot.ie team!
    Eoin Mullen, Bohemians legend!

"You should always take good care of your cat" - Postman Pat, 1991

2005 - a great year for Irish football

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    hello and welcome.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Welcome sky blue, to the wonderfully all embracing world of foot.ie

You enter in a most unusual fashion, introductions and all that - an interesting experiment, and all credit to you. Most newbies tend to arrive in one of two ways:

1. Watch for a while, make an odd innocuous post, eventually say somethig a little bit off someone's beaten track, and then get lept on for being Anti-Cork / a plastic paddy / too young to remember when football was good and we ate chips soaked in urine to keep warm / a fair weather fan / a bar stooler / a Shels fan. 43% then disappear never to reappear, 38% get bolshy back and 16% confine themselves to the Off topic sections. 3% are still undecided.

2. Launch themselves in with an outrageous statement that no-one can quite believe, but will easily find people to defend it. This helps greatly in developing a brand name that will be easily identifiable.

In terms of going swimming in Ireland, 1 is the equivalent of paddling in the seas for ten minutes before getting in and then deciding if it is a good idea or not, while 2 is more like a jump off the Forty Foot on Christmas Day.

Things to note for your stay here
    Abusive language, and direcet abuse of other registered users is not tolerated. For this purpose, we use "*" in place of the letters "U" and "A", "!" instead of "I" and so forth e.g. ME: Longford Town are so sh! that they are finally f*cked this season - LONGFORD TOWN FAN: Go p!ss off for yourself Bl*ebe*rd, your crowd aren't exactly hot either
    Abuse of referees is expected, except where they are Irish and refereeing games not involving Irish clubs, or when it is Reiteoir.
    All percentages are given out of 110%, as agreed officially by FIFA for all footballing soundbites / press conferences / other public statements.
    No-one is ever actually busy - it just depends on whether the boss is watching at work or not.
    The only universally acceptable source for a statistic is "FACT" e.g. George O'Callaghan must be one of the five best midfielders in the history of the eircom League - FACT
    Unless you are a Cork City fan, you are obliged to slag City off once per season to maintain your registration.
    Ditto for Shels.
    Ditto for Sligoman
    All references to Waterford United are obliged to either mention Blaas or to drag vowels out to ridiculous lengths. The "T" is interchangeable with "H"
    There is a quota of two active Kilkenny fans at any one time.
    Don't mess with the Limerick Massive.
    There is a big club v country battle waiting to happen at any time, kind of like the end of the world as imagined by the Norse - NEVER suggest that in the Club v Country battle that you pick club, and then list an English or Scottish one, especially not the big names.
    We respect and admire our Northern Brethren, especially Steve Bruce and EalingGreen when they come on to talk about football. Then we take the p!ss at the first opportunity we can. They do the same, which is fair enough.
    There are LOADS of Sheffield Wednesday fans here for some reason.
    Magicme is ticklish. This is a secret.
    All sarcastic statements must be followed by or people will take you seriously e.g. The Roy Keane argument has been closed once and for all
    League of Ireland Terrace Legend and Cork Hibs fan Tom The Gom is the spiritual leader of the forum
    Try not to post above about 150 words maximum, as nobody will be arsed read beyond that many in a post, except losers.
    Welcome losers - I may be your king.
    Dahamsta is our wise and welcoming General Secretary who knows what is best for us. FACT.
    American fans (2 gen or otherwise) like theworm2345 are welcome here, as long as it is called "Football"
    Sligo Rovers are not in competition with Galway United. It is just pure co-incidence that they cannot stop talking about them.
    Bray fans do not consider themselves to be supporters of a Dublin team. UCDD fans do.
    Superfrank has the toughest job in football - see here
    If you plan on doing ANYTHING different in your life, someone here will be able to help - I recently moved to London, and got advice on Banks, where to live, what is happening here and even got sent a free sim card (having had one, I'm ready to repay the favour if anyone is coming over here)

There are many other bits of advice that should be imparted, but I'll leave that to others. Welcome aboard.
    Last edited by Bluebeard; 02/08/2007 at 1:20 PM.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

6. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebeard View Post

You enter in a most unusual fashion, introductions and all that - an interesting experiment, and all credit to you. Most newbies tend to arrive in one of two ways:

1. Watch for a while, make an odd innocuous post, eventually say somethig a little bit off someone's beaten track, and then get lept on for being Anti-Cork / a plastic paddy / too young to remember when football was good and we ate chips soaked in urine to keep warm / a fair weather fan / a bar stooler / a Shels fan. 43% then disappear never to reappear, 38% get bolshy back and 16% confine themselves to the Off topic sections. 3% are still undecided.

2. Launch themselves in with an outrageous statement that no-one can quite believe, but will easily find people to defend it. This helps greatly in developing a brand name that will be easily identifiable.

In terms of going swimming in Ireland, 1 is the equivalent of paddling in the seas for ten minutes before getting in and then deciding if it is a good idea or not, while 2 is more like a jump off the Forty Foot on Christmas Day.

Abusive language, and direcet abuse of other registered users is not tolerated. For this purpose, we use "*" in place of the letters "U" and "A", "!" instead of "I" and so forth e.g. ME: Longford Town are so sh! that they are finally f*cked this season - LONGFORD TOWN FAN: Go p!ss off for yourself Bl*ebe*rd, your crowd aren't exactly hot either
    Abuse of referees is expected, except where they are Irish and refereeing games not involving Irish clubs, or when it is Reiteoir.
    All percentages are given out of 110%, as agreed officially by FIFA for all footballing soundbites / press conferences / other public statements.
    No-one is ever actually busy - it just depends on whether the boss is watching at work or not.
    The only universally acceptable source for a statistic is "FACT" e.g. George O'Callaghan must be one of the five best midfielders in the history of the eircom League - FACT
    Unless you are a Cork City fan, you are obliged to slag City off once per season to maintain your registration.
    Ditto for Shels.
    Ditto for Sligoman
    All references to Waterford United are obliged to either mention Blaas or to drag vowels out to ridiculous lengths. The "T" is interchangeable with "H"
    There is a big club v country battle waiting to happen at any time, kind of like the end of the world as imagined by the Norse - NEVER suggest that in the Club v Country battle that you pick club, and then list an English or Scottish one, especially not the big names.
    We respect and admire our Northern Brethren, especially Steve Bruce and EalingGreen when they come on to talk about football. Then we take the p!ss at the first opportunity we can. They do the same, which is fair enough.
    All sarcastic statements must be followed by or people will take you seriously e.g. The Roy Keane argument has been closed once and for all
    League of Ireland Terrace Legend and Cork Hibs fan Tom The Gom is the spiritual leader of the forum
    Try not to post above about 150 words maximum, as nobody will be arsed read beyond that many in a post, except losers.
    Dahamsta is our wise and welcoming General Secretary who knows what is best for us. FACT.
    American fans (2 gen or otherwise) like theworm2345 are welcome here, as long as it is called "Football"
    Sligo Rovers are not in competition with Galway United. It is jsut pure co-incidence that they cannot stop talking about them.
    Bray fans do not consider themselves to be supporters of a Dublin team. UCDD fans do.
    If you plan on doing ANYTHING different in your life, someone here will be able to help - I recently moved to London, and got advice on Banks, where to live, what is happening here and even got sent a free sim card (having had one, I'm ready to repay the favour if anyone is coming over here)

There are many other bits of advice that should be imparted, but I'll leave that to others. Welcome abroad.
    Quality post
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    Quality post
    I forgot to mention that bellavistaman is a gent of impeccable taste...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I forgot to mention that bellavistaman is a gent of impeccable taste...
    Beardy just loves those " Brown Nosers"!
    Tact is for people who are not witty enough to be sarcastic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    Magicme is ticklish. This is a secret
    Not anymore! Who told ya Mr Beard?

Welcome Sky Blue & dont believe ANYTHING you hear about me except the nice stuff of course!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sligo Hornet View Post
    Beardy just loves those " Brown Nosers"!
    Brown Noser .

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ha ha bluebeard class

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    That post should be kept forever

Slow day at the office for Bluebeard today though, obviously...
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    bluebeard. savage, london has done one thing for you at least, made you extremely funny.

So, I see why you came to london, to do nothing.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    bluebeard. savage, london has done one thing for you at least, made you extremely funny.
    So, I see why you came to london, to do nothing.
    About bloody time too.

Oh, hang on, I'm Bluebeard.

Sh!t.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    That post should be kept forever

Slow day at the office for Bluebeard today though, obviously...
    Busiest day this week

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Is Reiteoir an actual EL ref? Found out the other day Danny Drew used be on this site, so ill be believing everything i hear bout al members

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts

Ditto for Shels.
    Ditto for Sligoman
    Sligo Rovers are not in competition with Galway United. It is jsut pure co-incidence that they cannot stop talking about them.

There are many other bits of advice that should be imparted, but I'll leave that to others. Welcome abroad.
    A revelation, Beardie. Fighting back the tears of emotion.

The Foot.ie constitution of sorts.

Should be read aloud on the steps of the GPO with an orchestral arrangement of Foot.ie musical favourite "Punkrocker" by Sandi Thom (Genius) in the background.

...................hold on.....................................

POTM nomination on its way.
    Last edited by Wolfie; 02/08/2007 at 12:53 PM.
    Quoting years at random since 1975

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Welcome sky blue, to the wonderfully all embracing world of foot.ie.
    Absolute pure class. Post of the century easily!
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Brilliant post Bluebeard...you attention seeking, Paris Hilton wannabe...

Oh, and my welcome to the new poster....

sky blue vbmenu_register("postmenu_737800", true);
    New Signing

new guy
    hello fellow foot users just registered looking forward to the season ahead.
    Last edited by sky blue : 02/08/2007 at 4:57 AM. Reason: miss spelling

Is that the daughter of Mr. Aaron Spelling ?
    Last edited by strangeirish; 02/08/2007 at 1:43 PM.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    115 Posts
    Feel a bit odd about saying welcome with such a low post count, so I'll just keep it to how'ya sky blue!
    more bass

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast