Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Indo Tomorrow- Special Report on what one LOI club owes its creditors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Who was it?
    I couldnt tell ya, i think the club are close to finding out who.. This has been going on since the egm with the indo, somebody feeding them all private information.

Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    The club should look to get retaliation in first. Release a statement today saying, yes this is the situation, we have a plan in place and we're dealing with the situation. Any reports to the contrary are simply sensationalist rubbish.

That is of course assuming the club has a plan to manage the situation.

Contact the national news, sports tonight, and publish a statement on the website, before tomorrow.
    The club id imagine would surely be looking into this action, they'd have to.
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    How do you have finance trouble, I thought that yous were paying the players almost nothing?
    Well known we owe a small few bob.
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    How much are you talking about?
    The likelyhood is that your leak is probably the clubs major creditor
    The Indo tomorrow then to the high court to wind you up
    Long Live King Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bellavistaman View Post
    It su s alright lads... The club were informed on this earlier.

Imagine "a suppporter" doing this to our club. ****ing joke, hopefully they wont have a leg to stand on legally and will be forced to back out or something, this is disgraceful IMO.
    whoever it is he is not a supporter but a bo**ox
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    whoever it is he is not a supporter but a bo**ox
    How do you know its anyone, the source could be electronic
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    ok so he,s an electronic bo**ox
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passerrby View Post
    ok so he,s an electronic bo**ox
    They are always the worst kind
    Last edited by A face; 19/08/2008 at 7:35 PM.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by finnpark View Post
    How do you have finance trouble, I thought that yous were paying the players almost nothing?
    My guess is that they are paying Greg O'Halloran's food bill and he's the creditor who is owed a sandwich.
    I phoned the speaking clock to hear a voice speak, it said - "At the tone you will be very much alone"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JC_GUFC View Post
    My guess is that they are paying Greg O'Halloran's food bill and he's the creditor who is owed a sandwich.
    I'd say you could be right there
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    What is this so called supporters motivation for fueling negative press about his club?

Is he likely to be getting a few bob or is it because he has a vendetta against people running the club?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheifo View Post
    What is this so called supporters motivation for fueling negative press about his club?

Is he likely to be getting a few bob or is it because he has a vendetta against people running the club?
    Sounds to me like he/she is nothing but a cvnt that wants to see the club go down the toilet just because he/she hasn't gotten their way.

That's how it looks on the face of it anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barney View Post
    Sounds to me like he/she is nothing but a cvnt that wants to see the club go down the toilet just because he/she hasn't gotten their way.

That's how it looks on the face of it anyway.
    Yeah, i'd agree with ya there, its a fairly bitter and twisted thing to do alright. There is nothing that could justify it to be honest. Hopefully their name comes out at some stage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Simple as and as sad as it sounds lads, this is just the latest attempt in a personal vendetta against our chairman barry walsh, to bring the club to the ground with him at the helm, because he is "is not a nice man". Unbelievable, i think that this is just one step too far the person who leaked this info, will be found and the club will hang him out to dry.. He'd want to move out of cobh being honest.

If this does materialise the club will more than likely never be able to sort out any form of sponsorship again..

I really am heartbroken, only 4 days after getting a loan out for the club, to be reading this ****, their really is some severely poisonous sick ***** in our club
    COBH RAMBLERS FIRST DIV CHAMPS 2007

http://irish-abroad.appspot.com/GameDayDetails fantastic website by tetsujin1979

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Do you not think you're over-reacting?

All clubs have creditors, so what?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Some odd bits and pieces in the list - looks like the club bar isn't a separate sub-company like I'd expect it to be - or the Indo is mixing figures from wherever it can get them.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    thought the article was pretty pitiful - all ifs and buts - some may have been paid and others may have been been - bla bla bla. So Cobh have creditors and clearly they are trying to clear them (ie the reference to the loan appeal for 2000k from supporters) - I really fail to see how this in of national interest (given the constant disclaimers in the piece regarding the validity of their information). Anyways best of luck Cobh in getting things sorted.

I was more interested in the article on Cork City in which the FAI announced their disappointment that Arka have not abided by their agreement to cover all expenses. Looks like the agreement wasn't worth the paper it was written on and does pose the question of how drogs / pats and I presume bohs will get by the licencing next season (I am basing this on the assumption that some agreement was in place with these clubs similar to what has come out about Arka guaranteeing all debts).

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    I was more interested in the article on Cork City in which the FAI announced their disappointment that Arka have not abided by their agreement to cover all expenses. Looks like the agreement wasn't worth the paper it was written on and does pose the question of how drogs / pats and I presume bohs will get by the licencing next season (I am basing this on the assumption that some agreement was in place with these clubs similar to what has come out about Arka guaranteeing all debts).
    It makes a total farce of licencing and the 65% rule. The basis of exemptions was supposed to be on the basis on non-repayable donations to clubs from benefactors, but the FAI let clubs off with a bit of paper? Cork are/ were obviously peeing all over the 65% rule, without sanction from the FAI, whereas Galway and Sligo without the bit of paper were being punished. This is the great new era of FAI control with no fudges? Gavin and Delaney OUT.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Not much in the Cobh article to cry about.

Pay your debts and people won't go to the papers.
    Long Live King Kenny

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,243 Posts
    some may have been paid and others may have been been...So Cobh have creditors and clearly they are trying to clear them
    While I agree the Cork comment was more newsworthy, the Cobh article can't be dismissed as easily as you've done. They owe (assuming the list is accurate) their A League entry fee, E76k in tax, referees' fees, transfer fees, players' bonuses from last year and two months ago, they owe fines (interesting that Limerick were earlier fined for not paying fines, but Cobh haven't been; what does that say about Limerick?) and their bank account is efefctively on stop. Many of the little ones - like the sandwiches, which the Indo uses to mock the league - are quite probably, as you say, creditors which have since been paid in the normal course of events, but the larger ones indicate serious problems. How they've managed to get around the 65% wage cap, God only knows.

The clubs are the first ones to blame in all this, but the FAI are effevtively fiddling while Rome burns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    I understand that all "bodies" who applied for a license had to guarentee the same. AFAIK Pats and Drogs benefactors were treated the same way as members clubs like Bohs. And wasn't the 65% based on projected "turnover" (including direct investment)? So Cork may have budget for €x million allowed to be spent on wages based on Arkaga investment. If Arkaga subsequently don't put that in, problems arise.

And I've been saying all along I've no idea how Pats are getting under the 65%. The only comfort I had was when they spoke recently about players having to move on before we could sign someone. They're obviously aware of it.

Shame that Cobh are being held up, as I doubt they're the worst case of over spending
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Ram View Post
    I firmly believe the sick people who leaked this and all the other stuff during the year are or were members of the comittee over the past while. They have been creaming off the top for themselves and now that they are being found out they are trying everything in their power to bring the club down.
    The club is in debt and is having a serious cash flow at the minute but the debt can be managed and within a few years be written off with the right peope in place. We have those people in the club but it is the same 'leaks' IMO that are stopping them from getting into those positions to sort this crisis out.
    I suspect that "creaming" occurs at a lot of clubs. I went to a Galway match once and got no ticket. Just had to pay a stewart 20 euro to get in. I doubt that money went to the club.
    The deepest layer of human thinking and feeling somehow knows that God must exist - Pope Benedict XVI

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast