PDA

View Full Version : The Umbro Dublin Cup 2007

jimmo43
29/12/2006, 11:18 AM
Schoolboy tournament hits Dublin.

The fifth annual Umbro Dublin Cup takes place this year from 03 to 05 August.

The Tournament will take place over a period of 3 days from 03 to 05 August 07. Participation is expected by teams from all over Ireland, the UK, parts of Europe and the USA.

www.thedublincup.com

Conor H
29/12/2006, 12:24 PM
Is this in Competiton with the Galway Umbro Cup?

As far as i knew the Galway Cup was the only one of it's kind in Ireland.With teams like Celtic,Shelbourne,Derry,Calgary Boys etc competing in the tournament it certainly would seem like that.

shane123
03/01/2007, 2:17 PM
Not so sure about that, my mate's team played in it two years ago. Quality stuff, had Sunderland, Preston over and real top sides from the DDSL. Also had teams from America and Canada.

galwayhoop
03/01/2007, 4:51 PM
if its the fifth annual umbro dublin cup then i doubt it is in competition with the umbro galway cup which is only going into its 3rd year

KildareTown07
04/01/2007, 10:07 AM
A welcome addition the Dublin Cup, City crying our for some quality schoolboy summer tournament. Healthy interest from abroad too.

number16
04/01/2007, 11:19 AM
The Dublin and Galway Cup's are part of a family of tournaments that Umbro are sponsoring across Europe - entitled the Umbro International Tournaments - they include the Umbro Cup (Manchester), Dana Cup(Denmark), Donosti Cup (San Sebastian), and the Gothia Cup (Norway).

Brining international standard schoolboy/girl competition to Ireland needs to be supported. Well done to both!