PDA

View Full Version : Uefa Womens Cup

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2005, 8:34 PM
Lads

The draw took place for the Womens UEFA Cup. College's girls drew the following teams.... Verona (Italy) Neulengbach( Austria) and the group will be hosted by ZNK Maksimir(Croatia).

They have a real chance against the hosts, and against the Austrians whom they played last year, if it is not too hot between 9 and 13 August.

Poor Student
07/07/2005, 8:37 PM
If Slovenia is anything to go by it'll be damn hot. :o

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2005, 8:43 PM
If Slovenia is anything to go by it'll be damn hot. :o

yes it should be something like Slovenia, but if the games are at night it will be a little cooler.

Poor Student
07/07/2005, 8:48 PM
Is that Dinamo Zagreb's stadium? Or is ZNK Maksimir a club itself?

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2005, 9:55 PM
ZNK Maksimir is a seperate club however they might be using the stadium. The group is run off in one location over one week.

Poor Student
07/07/2005, 10:06 PM
ZNK Maksimir is a seperate club however they might be using the stadium. The group is run off in one location over one week.

Will you be heading over yourself?

CollegeTillIDie
07/07/2005, 11:06 PM
Ì wish I was, but I am keeping my powder dry so I can go to one or two away fixture for the Womens' International team in their World Cup Qualification Group.

hamish
08/07/2005, 12:17 AM
You just reminded me CTID. Is Niamh Connolly still involved with UCD Ladies? She played with Irish Seniors for a while. Last international I remember she played was against USA in Boston before a 32,000 crowd in 1998, I think.
She's from Beeslow. and I remember her playing schools and club football down here in 1990s. She also played with Bealnamulla FC in Athlone.
Her dad was primarily responsible for changing the SFAI rule which meant that girls could play with boys - at football :D - up to 13 or is it 14.

CollegeTillIDie
08/07/2005, 8:38 AM
You just reminded me CTID. Is Niamh Connolly still involved with UCD Ladies? She played with Irish Seniors for a while. Last international I remember she played was against USA in Boston before a 32,000 crowd in 1998, I think.
She's from Beeslow. and I remember her playing schools and club football down here in 1990s. She also played with Bealnamulla FC in Athlone.
Her dad was primarily responsible for changing the SFAI rule which meant that girls could play with boys - at football :D - up to 13 or is it 14.

Yes Niamh is still involved.. and the player for whom the rule was changed in the Dublin Schoolboys League was Susan Byrne who is now a senior international. She was with Bohs schoolboys at the time. And FYI Bealnamulla are now under the wing of ATHLONE TOWN.

hamish
08/07/2005, 7:22 PM
Yes Niamh is still involved.. and the player for whom the rule was changed in the Dublin Schoolboys League was Susan Byrne who is now a senior international. She was with Bohs schoolboys at the time. And FYI Bealnamulla are now under the wing of ATHLONE TOWN.

But Kevin Connolly (he's a doctor in Portiuncula) was behind the move to change the rule. Yep, know about Bealnamulla - brother in law is involved there coaching. Their new ground is beside the school where he's principal - lovely set up.

pineapple stu
08/07/2005, 7:34 PM
Preview on the UCD website (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/women/news.php?id=2023).

CollegeTillIDie
09/07/2005, 10:45 AM
Any College fans at a loose end on Sunday afternoon....
The Belfield Belles... UCD's ladies team who have a 100% record take on Benfica from Waterford ( oh the irony given this weekends EL fixtures) in Belfield Park at 5 p.m.... admission is free... and they are dead certs to win. So what are yiz waiting for? :D

hamish
13/07/2005, 9:59 PM
Any College fans :D

Question mark missing. LOL :D

CollegeTillIDie
13/07/2005, 10:10 PM
Question mark missing. LOL :D
When was the last time your lot broke four figures pray tell? :p

hamish
13/07/2005, 10:23 PM

Whenever we played Sligo Rovers - oh, you mean crowd figures?? LOL :D

Be patient, when the new ground is built, then the crowds will come. Real progress is being made on the ground btw and with the likes of ATFConline involved success in a certainty.

Anyway, have to get the odd tiny jibe in at you now and again CTID. :p

Good luck to the UCD ladies in their European games. :)

pineapple stu
13/07/2005, 10:25 PM
Posibly against us in the play-off?! :p

Or maybe the Cup replay against Longford last year.

hamish
13/07/2005, 10:32 PM
Posibly against us in the play-off?! :p

Or maybe the Cup replay against Longford last year.

I look forward to the day when Athlone are back in the big time. The club has huge potential with regard to crowd support. It really is a football town through and through and there are loads of towns in its hinterland with football fans who have a soft spot for the club - all that's needed is a little success to bring 'em back - remember the huge crowds up to and including the Cup semi-finals a few short years ago?

Anyway, back to thread, CTID - will you keep us up to date with UCD's girls in Europe. Silly question - I know you will. ;)

pineapple stu
10/08/2005, 4:27 PM
Lost 5-1 to Neulenbach yesterday - the team we lost 4-2 to last year. Equalised after 18 minutes, but were 5-1 down on 47 and never really had a hope of coming back into the game. Coleraine were 8-0 down to Montpellier after 48 minutes! :eek: That was the final score too!

Match report of sorts on the UCD website (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/news.php?id=2120&PHPSESSID=23dfee416c3e7e5a0da0c1832748e9b0).

Schumi
10/08/2005, 4:37 PM
UCD website (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/news.php?id=2120&PHPSESSID=23dfee416c3e7e5a0da0c1832748e9b0).
Is that monstrosity on the top left necessary? Is it official yet?

pineapple stu
10/08/2005, 4:41 PM
Apparently the next kit will carry it... :( :mad:

CollegeTillIDie
10/08/2005, 9:01 PM
Neulengbach took the lead on 2 minutes through Berger. UCD responded in the best possible fashion when Mary Waldron equalised on 18 minutes.
Neulengbach banged in three more goals in the first half ( Gstottner 25 mins; Santos Augusto 26 minutes and Burger again 37 minutes) to leave the half-time score 4-1. Celouch added the final goal for the Austrians on 47 minutes.
There was no further scoring and even the introduction of a couple of substitutes did not improve matters for College. Insult added to injury when captain Sylvia Gee was red carded in the 86th minute and she will be automatically suspended for the next game against Bordelino Verona on Thursday evening. In the other game played in the group Bordelino Verona beat hosts ZNK Maksimir 3-0. Two wins and favourable results elsewhere will be needed if UCD are to win the group and advance to the next stage. But without their captain and top scorer on Wednesday this will not be an easy task.
UCD:- Niamh Spratt; Louise Kearney, Sinead Forde, Nora Stapleton, Niamh Connolly; Sharon Cullen ,Karina Kelly, Mary Waldron, Sharon Horgan;Carmel Kissane, Sylvia Gee SUBS USED:- Anne Marie Murphy for Kearney (75 mins); Lorraine O'Sullivan for Connolly (80 mins)

pineapple stu
12/08/2005, 3:23 PM
UCD lost 2-0 to Verona (very respectable scoreline though) and are out of the competition - UCD website (http://www.ucdsoccer.com/news.php?id=2126&PHPSESSID=6f77bea03473b6574abe0cf663cea814). Neulenbach beat Maksimir 5-1, so if we can draw with Maksimir, we'll at least not finish bottom! :)

CollegeTillIDie
12/08/2005, 11:52 PM
UCD lost the second game of their UEFA Women's Cup Group A2 campaign and bowed out of the competition after this result. Missing inspirational skipper and top scorer in domestic competitions Sylvia Gee through suspension, UCD lacked a cutting edge in attack. A scoreless first half saw UCD make one substitution introducing Nicola Lindsay into the defence in place of Louise Kearney. Bardolino took the lead on 67 minutes through Ficarelli. Lorraine O'Sullivan replaced Sharon Horgan on 71 minutes and Anne Marie Murphy replaced Elaine Cohalan on 78 minutes and UCD chased an equaliser until the 87th minute when Brumana's goal , the second of the game for the Italians, put the game beyond reach.

UCD:- Niamh Spratt; Louise Kearney, Sinead Forde, Niamh Connolly, Nora Stapleton, Karina Kelly, Sharon Cullen, Mary Waldron,Sharon Horgan; Elaine Cohalan , Carmel Kissane SUBS USED:- Nicola Lindsay for Kearney (46 mins);
Lorraine O'Sullivan for Horgan (71 mins) and Anne-Marie Murphy for Cohalan (76 mins)

hamish
13/08/2005, 7:54 AM
Great reports CTID. Brother in Law was looking all over the place for news on the competition so he'll be delighted to read your reports. Glad to see Niamh Connolly playing.........thought she was semi-retired???

Sad to see them struggling but the experience will do them a power of good in future seasons.

I've seen a lot of women's soccer.particularly in the 90's decade and I have to confess that I found the standard.......in schools footie and clubs etc.........pretty poor. The Women's FAI is a joke.

You won't believe this, but I remember a senior member of that organisation whnging to me that the FAI Schools were not doing enough to promote women's CLUB football in the country. At the time we were the only outfit promoting/organising/expanding the women's game in Ireland and, basically, doing their job for them while they sat on their asses and arranged to see how many "suits" would travel to away intenational matches. :mad:

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 8:02 AM
Great reports CTID. Brother in Law was looking all over the place for news on the competition so he'll be delighted to read your reports. Glad to see Niamh Connolly playing.........thought she was semi-retired???

Sad to see them struggling but the experience will do them a power of good in future seasons.

I've seen a lot of women's soccer.particularly in the 90's decade and I have to confess that I found the standard.......in schools footie and clubs etc.........pretty poor. The Women's FAI is a joke.

You won't believe this, but I remember a senior member of that organisation whnging to me that the FAI Schools were not doing enough to promote women's CLUB football in the country. At the time we were the only outfit promoting/organising/expanding the women's game in Ireland and, basically, doing their job for them while they sat on their asses and arranged to see how many "suits" would travel to away intenational matches. :mad:

One of the problems faced by the Women's FAI is that unlike the GAA they are not permitted to go into schools and promote the game at the present time. That could be where you in the FAI Schools could play a part.
Following the full time appointment of Noel King as Women's International manner coupled with the appointment of additional Women's Regional Development Officers to supplement the work done by present incumbent Niamh Spratt , (current UCD goalie) , should improve matters.

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 9:35 AM
As regards being pro-active I think one of the problems with the Womens FAI has been that the people at the top are voluntary and as such have other things in their lives which need attending to. That and two of the leading officials have in recent years been co-opted on to numerous FAI committees and are highly regarded in those circles. The result of that is that being pro-active on behalf of women's soccer has for various reasons fallen down the pecking order for some of them.

However now that there are more full time people working on behalf of Women's Football situation is bound to improve. The FAI to be fair have been prioritising grant aid for development of facilities to clubs who either have Women's teams of their own or who lease their premises to Women's clubs

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 10:57 AM
UCD do have their sh1t together sir hamish!
A bit of background for you.

I was secretary of UCD Womens College team in 1997/98 and early in my tenure, one of the players Katie Liston, the coach and myself tossed the idea around of having a summer team and how it would recruit players etc and what would and would not be possible. Katie Liston and the coach had meetings the Sports Department at the time and while the meetings did not produce the immediate result desired... a seed was planted so to speak.
In 2001 Katie Liston revived the concept together with their then secretary Caroline Duggan( my successor) and this time the budget for 2002 was adjusted to provide for it.

They entered the DWSL and in their debut season came second in the Premier Division and won the WFAI Cup 2002. In 2003 they won the League and Cup and represented the Republic in the Women's UEFA Cup for the first time. In 2004 the League was won again and the Dublin Premier Cup was added to the by now annual WFAI Cup victory and began their 2nd UEFA Cup campaign. In 2005 they have won the Premier Division title yet again are currently playing in their 3rd Women's UEFA Cup campaign and are in the last 8 of the Dublin Premier Cup and are about to embark on their defence of the WFAI Cup in September.

hamish
13/08/2005, 11:01 AM

I was secretary of UCD Womens College team in 1997/98 and early in my tenure, one of the players Katie Liston, the coach and myself tossed the idea around of having a summer team and how it would recruit players etc and what would and would not be possible. Katie Liston and the coach had meetings the Sports Department at the time and while the meetings did not produce the immediate result desired... a seed was planted so to speak.
In 2001 Katie Liston revived the concept together with their then secretary Caroline Duggan( my successor) and this time the budget for 2002 was adjusted to provide for it.

They entered the DWSL and in their debut season came second in the Premier Division and won the WFAI Cup 2002. In 2003 they won the League and Cup and represented the Republic in the Women's UEFA Cup for the first time. In 2004 the League was won again and the Dublin Premier Cup was added to the by now annual WFAI Cup victory and began their 2nd UEFA Cup campaign. In 2005 they have won the Premier Division title yet again are currently playing in their 3rd Women's UEFA Cup campaign and are in the last 8 of the Dublin Premier Cup and are about to embark on their defence of the WFAI Cup in September.

Wow - that is some record CTID - respect, as the younger generation say. :D . Meant, actually, to add to my "sh!t" compliment (oxymoron?) that with CTID involved it's no surprise - didn't realise you were THAT involved.
Maybe you guys in UCD might take over the whole national schebang.

hamish
13/08/2005, 11:02 AM

Wow - that is some record CTID - respect, as the younger generation might say. :D . Meant, actually, to add to my "sh!t" compliment (oxymoron?) that with CTID involved it's no surprise - didn't realise you were THAT involved.

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 11:12 AM
I thought that there were fulltimers running all FAI affiliates???

Thanks anyway for that info. CTID.

Not yet. Noel King's appointment and that of the extra RDO's for Women's soccer is a step in the right direction. Administratively the International teams are catered for by the FAI International section and the Domestic game by members of the FAI Domestic Section.

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 11:16 AM
Wow - that is some record CTID - respect, as the younger generation might say. :D . Meant, actually, to add to my "sh!t" compliment (oxymoron?) that with CTID involved it's no surprise - didn't realise you were THAT involved.

I had moved on by the time Katie and Caroline worked the oracle for the women's team. But a lot of the theoretical input from the early attempts were incorporated into the finalised reality. I suggested recruiting graduates of UCD and other institutions as well as any staff members who might be useful players. And a careful look at the present squad shows that each player fits that bill.

Well the Eircom League had Brendan Dillon for a while and of course the late great Doc was General Secretary of the FAI for a while too so maybe that would not be such a bad thing! :D

hamish
13/08/2005, 11:16 AM
Not yet. Noel King's appointment and that of the extra RDO's for Women's soccer is a step in the right direction. Administratively the International teams are catered for by the FAI International section and the Domestic game by members of the FAI Domestic Section.

Things have changed since my time then, When we had a schools international, the FAI's role was to send us to John Fallon in Direct Teamwear in North Frederick Street, he'd give us the kit and we did everything else ourselves, arranging accommodation, buses, match officials, grounds etc etc etc.

CollegeTillIDie
13/08/2005, 11:23 AM
When the attempt to have a summer team for 1998 failed for UCD , I was invited to represent Benfica Waterford at the Dublin League. I have been the secretary of their senior ( DUblin League ) team ever since as well as being PRO for the entire club. All the away games are either in or around Dublin bar one in Dundalk. I travel to all the home games I can during the summer too.

I am helping them regain their place as Ireland's #1 team, which they were when I met them first back in 1993. We have the talent they just are a lazy shower of heifers who work shifts and so don't be at training half the time.
So lately we have been recruiting players from Waterford, Kilkenny and County Wexford and we will be mounting a challenge in the WFAI Senior Cup this autumn ;)

hamish
13/08/2005, 11:38 AM
When the attempt to have a summer team for 1998 failed for UCD , I was invited to represent Benfica Waterford at the Dublin League. I have been the secretary of their senior ( DUblin League ) team ever since as well as being PRO for the entire club. All the away games are either in or around Dublin bar one in Dundalk. I travel to all the home games I can during the summer too.

I am helping them regain their place as Ireland's #1 team, which they were when I met them first back in 1993. We have the talent they just are a lazy shower of heifers who work shifts and so don't be at training half the time.
So lately we have been recruiting players from Waterford, Kilkenny and County Wexford and we will be mounting a challenge in the WFAI Senior Cup this autumn ;)

Must be extremely hard to organise any Summer operation with students, though, CTID.

Check out Leonard Noone's outfit, Eureka United (Kells), he always seems to have one or two class players each year.

Heifers?? :eek: Hope none of them are Footie members. LOL :D

BTW - disregard my PM CTID - have given up on that idea.

HarpoJoyce
14/08/2005, 2:00 PM
Never one to post ugly rumours this looks like a 2:0 win for UCD WFC.

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/womencup.php3

When UEFA and CTID confim the result, it'll be their first win in Europe after nine games ( 3 years) and the first clean sheet. And they'll have held their 3rd place seeding in the group.

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 8:48 PM
Never one to post ugly rumours this looks like a 2:0 win for UCD WFC.

http://www.eurotopfoot.com/womencup.php3

When UEFA and CTID confim the result, it'll be their first win in Europe after nine games ( 3 years) and the first clean sheet. And they'll have held their 3rd place seeding in the group.

How did you get the result there? All it gave me was the draw for the second phase groups. No info on UEFA 's website either so far. All will be revealed tomorrow no doubt. Hope it is correct :D

Sheridan
14/08/2005, 10:01 PM
Seems to be correct alright, CTID. Found this posted elsewhere, not sure of its provenance. UCD result in Group A2.

GROUP A1
09-Aug Montpellier HSC - Glentoran Belfast United 8:0
SU 1° Dezembro - Cardiff City LFC 3:0
11-Aug Montpellier HSC - Cardiff City LFC 2:0
SU 1° Dezembro - Glentoran Belfast United 7:0
13-Aug SU 1° Dezembro - Montpellier HSC 0:1
Cardiff City LFC - Glentoran Belfast United 3:0

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
Montpellier HSC (FRA) 3 3 0 0 11 0 9 - Q
SU 1° Dezembro (POR) 3 2 0 1 10 1 6
Cardiff City LFC (WAL) 3 1 0 2 3 5 3
Glentoran Belfast United (NIR) 3 0 0 3 0 18 0

GROUP A2
09-Aug SV Neulengbach - University College Dublin 5:1
A.S.D. C.F. Verona - ŽNK Maksimir 3:0
11-Aug ŽNK Maksimir - SV Neulengbach 1:5
A.S.D. C.F. Verona - University College Dublin 2:0
13-Aug A.S.D. C.F. Verona - SV Neulengbach 0:0
ŽNK Maksimir - University College Dublin 0:2

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
SV Neulengbach (AUT) 3 2 1 0 10 2 7 - Q
A.S.D. C.F. Bardolino Verona (ITA) 3 2 1 0 5 0 7
University College Dublin WFC (IRL) 3 1 0 2 3 7 3
ŽNK Maksimir (CRO) 3 0 0 3 1 10 0

GROUP A3
09-Aug Athletic Club B.F.K.E.B. - Glasgow City LFC 6:2
Saestum - KFC Rapide Wezemaal 2:1
11-Aug Athletic Club B.F.K.E.B. - KFC Rapide Wezemaal 3:0
Saestum - Glasgow City LFC 7:0
13-Aug Saestum - Athletic Club B.F.K.E.B. 1:1
KFC Rapide Wezemaal - Glasgow City LFC 5:1

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
Saestum (NED) 3 2 1 0 10 2 7 - Q
Athletic Club B.F.K.E.B. (ESP) 3 2 1 0 10 3 7
KFC Rapide Wezemaal (BEL) 3 1 0 2 6 6 3
Glasgow City LFC (SCO) 3 0 0 3 3 18 0

GROUP A4
09-Aug Røa Idrettslag - Valur Reykjavik 1:4
FC United - Pärnu FC 2:0
11-Aug Røa Idrettslag - Pärnu FC 9:1
FC United - Valur Reykjavik 1:2
13-Aug FC United - Røa Idrettslag 2:3
Pärnu FC - Valur Reykjavik 1:8

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
Valur Reykjavik (ISL) 3 3 0 0 14 3 9 - Q
Røa Idrettslag (NOR) 3 2 0 1 13 7 6
FC United Jakobstad Pietarsaari (FIN) 3 1 0 2 5 5 3
Pärnu FC (EST) 3 0 0 3 2 19 0

GROUP A5
09-Aug SC LUwin.ch - Klaksvikar Itrottarfelag 5:1
ZFK Shkiponjat - FC Codru Anenii Noi 1:4
11-Aug ZFK Shkiponjat - SC LUwin.ch 0:7
FC Codru Anenii Noi - Klaksvikar Itrottarfelag 4:1
13-Aug FC Codru Anenii Noi - SC LUwin.ch 0:4
ZFK Shkiponjat - Klaksvikar Itrottarfelag 1:1

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
SC LUwin.ch (SUI) 3 3 0 0 16 1 9 - Q
FC Codru Anenii Noi (MDA) 3 2 0 1 8 6 6
Klaksvikar Itrottarfelag (FAR) 3 0 1 2 3 10 1
ZFK Shkiponjat (MKD) 3 0 1 2 2 12 1

GROUP A6
09-Aug AC Sparta Praha - CFF Clujana 1:1
Universitet Vitetsk - Gintra Universitetas 2:0
11-Aug AC Sparta Praha - Gintra Universitetas 9:0
Universitet Vitetsk - CFF Clujana 2:2
13-Aug AC Sparta Praha - Universitet Vitetsk 3:0
Gintra Universitetas - CFF Clujana 2:2

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
AC Sparta Praha (CZE) 3 2 1 0 13 1 7 - Q
Universitet Vitetsk (BLR) 3 1 1 1 4 5 4
CFF Clujana (ROM) 3 0 3 0 5 5 3
Gintra Universitetas (LIT) 3 0 1 2 2 13 1

GROUP A7
09-Aug KS AZS Wroclaw - Arsenal Kharkiv 5:0
Maccabi Holon FC - AEK Kokkinochovion 6:0
11-Aug KS AZS Wroclaw - AEK Kokkinochovion 11:0
Maccabi Holon FC - Arsenal Kharkiv 1:8
13-Aug KS AZS Wroclaw - Maccabi Holon FC 1:0
AEK Kokkinochovion - Arsenal Kharkiv 0:20

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
KS AZS Wroclaw (POL) 3 3 0 0 17 0 9 - Q
Arsenal Kharkiv (UKR) 3 2 0 1 28 6 6
Maccabi Holon FC (ISR) 3 1 0 2 7 9 3
AEK Kokkinochovion (CYP) 3 0 0 3 0 37 0

GROUP A8
09-Aug ZNK SFK 2000 Sarajevo - LADA Toliatti 0:3
ŽNK KRKA Novo Mesto - PVFA Bratislava 1:4
11-Aug LADA Toliatti - PVFA Bratislava 6:0
ZNK SFK 2000 Sarajevo - ŽNK KRKA Novo Mesto 1:0
13-Aug ŽNK KRKA Novo Mesto - LADA Toliatti 0:5
ZNK SFK 2000 Sarajevo - PVFA Bratislava 1:0

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
LADA Toliatti (RUS) 3 3 0 0 14 0 9 - Q
ZNK SFK 2000 Sarajevo (BHZ) 3 2 0 1 2 3 6
Polygraf Venglosova Futbalová Akadé (SVK) 3 1 0 2 4 8 3
ŽNK KRKA Novo Mesto (SLO) 3 0 0 3 1 10 0

GROUP A9
09-Aug AE Aegina - MTK Hungária FC 2:2
FC NSA Sofia - Alma KTZH 0:5
11-Aug FC NSA Sofia - AE Aegina 3:1
Alma KTZH - MTK Hungária FC 3:0
13-Aug Alma KTZH - AE Aegina 2:3
FC NSA Sofia - MTK Hungária FC 1:1

TEAM P W D L F A Pts
Alma KTZH (KAZ) 3 2 0 1 10 3 6 - Q
FC NSA Sofia (BUL) 3 1 1 1 4 7 4
AE Aegina (GRE) 3 1 1 1 6 7 4
MTK Hungária FC (HUN) 3 0 2 1 3 6 2

Groups for secon stage (held 13-17 September)
* - automatically qualified

GROUP B1
1. FFC Turbine Potsdam (GER) - *
SV Neulengbach (AUT)
Montpellier HSC (FRA)
Saestum (NED)

GROUP B2
Djurgården/Älvsjö (SWE) - *
ZFK Mašinac-Classic Niš (SCG) - *
Valur Reykjavik (ISL)
Alma KTZH (KAZ)

GROUP B3
1. FFC Frankfurt (GER) - *
Gömrükçu Baku (AZE) - *
SC LUwin.ch (SUI)
AC Sparta Praha (CZE)

GROUP B4
Arsenal LFC (ENG) - *
Brøndby IF (DEN) - *
KS AZS Wroclaw (POL)
LADA Toliatti (RUS)

QUARTER FINALS - Weeks beginning 8 and 15 October
QF1 - 2nd B2 v 1st B1
QF2 - 2nd B3 v 1st B2
QF3 - 2nd B4 v 1st B3
QF4 - 2nd B1 v 1st B4

SEMI FINALS - Weeks beginning 15 and 22 November
SF1 - Winner QF1 v Winner QF2
SF2 - Winner QF3 v Winner QF4

FINAL - 20/21 May and 27/28 May 2006
Winner SF1 v Winner SF2

Quarters, semis and final played over two legs - team named first plays
at home in the first leg.

CollegeTillIDie
14/08/2005, 11:31 PM
Thanks Sheridan

But I need line-up and goalscorers too :)

pineapple stu
15/08/2005, 1:36 PM
UEFA site updated now. Goalscorers were Coholan and an og.

CollegeTillIDie
15/08/2005, 9:16 PM
Yes Harpojoyce and pineapple are correct. Belfield's Belle's managed to do it.

Elaine Cohalan scored the opening goal of the game for College on 7 minutes. And on half an hour An own goal by one of the Pasanec's playing in the home squad made it 2-0. The unfortunate player was replaced on 34 minutes. UCD went in 2-0 at the break and in spite of being under pressure and gaining three yellow cards ( Sylvia Gee 46 mins, Ann-Marie Murphy 58 mins and Karina Kelly 75 mins), College managed to hang on their lead. Not even a red card for striker Carmel Kissane in the final minute of injury time at the end of the game could deny UCD their first win in Europe at the ninth attempt and a 3rd place finish in the group which should have a positive effect on Ireland's club co-efficient in next season's tournament. Well done the Girls in Blue and to Coach Larry Mahony and Assistant Rory O Hare too.
UCD:- Niamh Spratt; Ann-Marie Murphy, Niamh Connolly, Sinead Forde, Nora Stapleton,Karina Kelly, Sylvia Gee,Lorraine O'Sullivan, Carmel Kissane, Elaine Cohalan SUBS USED:- Nicola Lindsay for Cullen; Samantha Kenny for Cohalan (both 69 mins)

CollegeTillIDie
15/08/2005, 9:30 PM
UCD Womens Soccer Club.... UEFA Women's Cup Appearances

2003/04
Emma Merrigan 2; Rosie Power 3; Katie Liston 2; Nora Stapleton 3; Selina Moylan 3; Caroline Thorpe 3; Sylvia Gee 3; Sharon Horgan 1; Louise Kearney 3; Carmel Kissane 3; Kim Turner 1+1 sub; Nicola Lindsay 1+1 sub; Karina Kelly 1+1 sub; Niamh Spratt 1+1 sub; Marie Curtin 2; Jackie Shiels 1
Goalscorers:- Carmel Kissane 1

2004/05
Niamh Spratt 3; Nora Stapleton 2; Caroline Thorpe 3; Sylvia Gee 3; Louise Kearney 2+1 sub; Carmel Kissane 3; Kim Turner 0+1 sub; Nicola Lindsay 3; Karina Kelly 2+1 sub; Niamh Connolly 2; Sinead Forde 3; Eileen Mc Cormack 1+1 sub; Sharon Cullen 2+1 sub; Mazarello Sweeney 1+2 sub; Mary Waldron 2+1 sub;Angela Callaghan 0+1 sub; Marie Gallagher 1;
Goalscorers:- Carmel Kissane 2, Mazarello Sweeney 1

2005/06
Niamh Spratt 3; Nora Stapleton 3; Sylvia Gee 2; Sharon Horgan 2; Nicola Lindsay 0+2 sub; Karina Kelly 3;Niamh Connolly 3;Sinead Forde 3;
Sharon Cullen 3;Mary Waldron 2;Anne-Marie Murphy 1+2 sub;Lorraine O'Sullivan 1+2 sub;Elaine Cohalan 2;Samantha Kenny 0+1 sub;
Goalscorers: Elaine Cohalan 1, Mary Waldron 1, Opponents 1

P W D L F A pts
9 1 1 7 7 35 4

CollegeTillIDie
19/08/2005, 12:09 AM
Ok just to complete this thread for this year.
Here are a few notes about the UEFA Women's Cup.

1/ It is the feminine equivalent of the Champions League

2/ Teams get drawn into groups of 4. One of the teams hosts the group and the other three play each other once in the host venue.

3/ Therefore you are guaranteed 3 games minimum per season.

4/ Nations usually nominate their domestic League champions where a National one exists.

5/ In the case of The Republic of Ireland there is no national League. IN this case the WFAI nominate who the team representing the country will be.

6/ Since 2002 it has been the winners of the previous Year's W.F.A.I. Senior Cup.

7/ Therefore UCD ( on 3-in-a-row at present) need to win the 2005 edition to play in the 2006/2007 Women's UEFA Cup

8/ It doesn't begin till late September and the final will be the curtain raiser for the Carlsberg FAI Senior Cup Final in December .