PDA

View Full Version : Drumbar Utd v Merville Utd

Mad Moose
06/05/2005, 5:43 PM
RD i believe youse will be joining us on Sunday on the dry turf at Donegal Town. As i said to ya I want to have a look at all our players so i'll host one game at a time if thats ok. I've a feeling I'm going to enjoy this. I might hold an U-10 game, then an U-9 game and finally an U-10 game.

I left the goals after our warm up match on Wednesday. Hopefully Paddy let the sheep in to cut the grass.

Anhow here are the direction's sor. Safe journey and be safe.

Direction's so you can hold on to them. Arrive in Donegal Town from the Sligo Road. You will be taking the first turn-off into the town which will by the time you arrive be a roundabout (Don't ask!!!!!) You'll see a sign, Donegal Town 5km. Pass Abbott Ireland and take the next right with a sign for Donegal Craft Village. Drive straight on for about a mile, through meanandering hills and just when you think you are lost you'll stumble across what I would regard as an idyllic setting.

Youse will be made very welcome to the more beautiful and attractive parts of the North West!!!!

FAO Sligoman. Will ya be travelling!!!!!

Of course for anybody who wants to watch the game their is plenty of room.

Thank you,

Brendan Grufferty,PRO
Drumbar Utd F.C
Donegal

sligoman
06/05/2005, 6:26 PM
FAO Sligoman. Will ya be travelling!!!!!

Is that an invite Brendan? :D

Hey, ya never know. My little cousin plays for Merville so, I might just, although the smell of the place might get to me :D ;)

MervilleUnited
07/05/2005, 12:42 PM
Bus Booked, Departing at 11.15 :)
Had to split the lads, bottled it, let results of training matches decide who goes, means some good ones are left behind :(
Weather forecast great, should be a good day! :D
Sligoman, if your little cousin made the cut, you are more than welcome to travel, more hands means supervision is easier.

PS Brendan, I cannot remember did you get a bus down to Sligo? If so how much? I have been hit for 250 euro to take 24 kids plus a few adults for a day out. It is crazy! Could have went the parents route, will have to after this, but the bus is what the kids will remember, for years to come!

As I always say, its for the kids! :ball:

sligoman
07/05/2005, 2:10 PM
means some good ones are left behind :(

Yeah, like my cousin, :D

Sligoman, if your little cousin made the cut

No Richie, he was on the losing team in training and now has to settle for a game against Tubbercurry on Monday instead. :D He is very :( .

MervilleUnited
08/05/2005, 6:39 PM
One of those things, I'm afraid, :(
Tubber on Monday, and a summer of footie to come, all will get a chance. :ball:

All one can do is ones best!

MervilleUnited
08/05/2005, 6:46 PM
Indeed, a great day was had by all and our Clubs three sides were made very welcome to the more beautiful and attractive parts of the North West!!!!

On behalf of all our members, thank you to Brendan and all the crew at DUFC :)

I justy need a plan to get our under 10s to wake up, and at least put up some sort of a challenge!! :(

Looking forward to continuing the games in the seasons to come.

Richard Deignan
Sec.
Merville United AFC

sligoman
08/05/2005, 8:58 PM
I justy need a plan to get our under 10s to wake up, and at least put up some sort of a challenge!! :(

I take it things did'nt go to plan then Richie? :D

sligoman
08/05/2005, 8:59 PM
One of those things, I'm afraid, :(
Tubber on Monday, and a summer of footie to come, all will get a chance.

It's a hard way to pick it but I suppose it's the fairest :ball:

Mad Moose
08/05/2005, 9:01 PM
It was with great pleasure 20 kids from the sprawling metropolis that is Sligo Town :D :D were welcomed in our idyllic rural setting of Donegal Town. There was I have to say some shock as we saw the coach roll in. I was thinking their is money in Merville. I'm sorry it cost so much. Our 16 seater earlier in the year cost €100 and one of the parents brought the remainder. I'm afraid you were paying for space you didn't fill. Scandalous if thats what you paid. It gives me great pleasure to announce RIP OFF IRELAND!!!

It was with great pleasure on Saturday after training that we set up a pitch fully marked out across the senior pitch. With the grass newly mown, without sheep on this occasion, I was pleased with the result of our work. Saturday proved to be a beautiful day so the omens were good.

Richie of course can now verify I wasn't bragging about the idyllic setting that is Drumbar Utd. To Richie and his colleagues who travelled to assist I would like to say a big well done. The boys were a credit to youse once again and demonstrated all that is good in the game. (A pity a few supposedly mature adults couldn't manage to do that on the terraces at Finn Park. Just an opinion). The boys were a credit to your club.

On the field I was very impressed with your U-9 team. I unfortunately had to play a 6, a couple of 7 and a few 8 year olds. I haven't been able to get this age group together when I need too, i.e today. Your U-9's were well organised and very very strong. I just let my boys enjoy the occasion.

I am however very impressed with my U-10 side and this is the side I've been most afforded the opportunity to work with. Most of this side with a few exceptions are in any case 9 so they have another year at this level and I am happy to work with them.

I have pictures from the day which I would very much like to post here. I suppose I need the help if anybody would be so kind to help me with that. They are well worth a look.

I suppose it goes without saying today that football was the winner. It was a great occasion for a great number of clubs, the coaching staff and of course the parents. I'm always very impressed with the parents whose kids attend our club by the support and encouragement we recieve.

The basis after the two legged inter county games has been well and truly set for a tournament. I for one would be happy and proud to showcase our club and what we have achieved at our club.Its been a long hard year but by god its been worth every minute.

Yours in sport,

Brendan Grufferty,
PRO, Drumbar Utd,
Donegal Town.

Mad Moose
08/05/2005, 9:07 PM

Ooh the lack of response!!!!! Hmmmmm

Just to mention Daniel Bennett who got a hatrick and Kate who scored a scorcher!!!!!

I couldn't resist. As I said Richie your boys were a credit to your club and youse deserve all the success your club appears to be having. I think it goes without saying we all enjoyed ourselves.

Brendan

Mad Moose
08/05/2005, 9:08 PM
Is that an invite Brendan? :D

Hey, ya never know. My little cousin plays for Merville so, I might just,

Not a sign of Sligoman!!!!

Brendan

MervilleUnited
09/05/2005, 10:01 AM

It happens ;) !!
A wake up call for those kids who think there is no need for hard work on the field! A good lesson to learn at Under 10 I think. For life! :D

Still smarting though! :mad: !!

Mad Moose
09/05/2005, 10:27 AM
It happens ;) !!
A wake up call for those kids who think there is no need for hard work on the field! A good lesson to learn at Under 10 I think. For life! :D

Still smarting though! :mad: !!

No call for smarting at this level. It was fun but you just cannot help kicking every ball and arguing with the ref.

Had to laugh when after my first outburst in the first game Barry produced a red card........for me. Thats the first time I've ever been shown a red card on the touchline. Needless to say it was all taken in good part.

Brendan

Mad Moose
09/05/2005, 12:11 PM
Richie I got to download alot of the pictures from yesterdays games and submitted a few to the papers. I've posted on the support forum because I would like to include the action yesterday.

I will send you on the pic's I promised. I intend to provide a slide show for our boys this evening to show them how far we have come along.

Had a particularly touching moment yesterday when one of the parents pointed out to me as I was running out that I was a real hero for their boys. I had never really seen it like that but I guess when you do the right thing by them they look up to you. I suppose on further thought I have made up their mind for them on the game.

Brendan

MervilleUnited
16/05/2005, 9:40 PM
Testing brendan, using the manage attachments button below :)
Click on the attachment and see what happens :eek:

Seems easy enough!

Mad Moose
22/05/2005, 4:58 PM
I'm afraid the files appear too big to attach!!!

Brendan

harpskid
23/05/2005, 1:40 PM
I'm afraid the files appear too big to attach!!!

Brendan

Upload them to somewhere like Imageshack and post the links