PDA

View Full Version : drawn v our own club in quarter final

the 12 th man
29/04/2005, 8:46 AM
my team (under 8) are drawn against another team from our club in the next round of the cup (knockout).

a lot of the kids from each team know each other quiet well so its a tough
job to try and keep a lid on the thing as they are ribbing each other about it.

i will be having a word with my counterpart on the other team before the game to tell his parents to try and tone it down on match day as the kids will
still see each other a lot irrespective of the result.

anybody any thoughts on keeping the peace ?

stickyjoe
29/04/2005, 8:59 AM
nothing the lads wont be able to sort out over a couple of cans down the local park on saturday night ;)

Mad Moose
29/04/2005, 10:02 AM
my team (under 8) are drawn against another team from our club in the next round of the cup (knockout).

a lot of the kids from each team know each other quiet well so its a tough
job to try and keep a lid on the thing as they are ribbing each other about it.

i will be having a word with my counterpart on the other team before the game to tell his parents to try and tone it down on match day as the kids will
still see each other a lot irrespective of the result.

anybody any thoughts on keeping the peace ?

I suppose 12th man you have got to get your side together and focus them on themselves. I would be inclined to emphasise to the kids and parents to go and enjoy themselves. This is scary. Competition for U-8's. 10's maybe but 8's thats just scary sor. If your kids are good enough then you needn't worry. Personally Ive been in the same position with my underage sides. I got my side together and focused them on what we achieved. I kept them away from the opposition.Tell them not to worry and go out and enjoy themselves.You'll be surprised how many of them will get nervous.

You have to emphasise that this can not be competitive at such an early age. Most of the kids won't be up to the pressure if its generated.

Brendan

Mad Moose
29/04/2005, 10:03 AM
nothing the lads wont be able to sort out over a couple of cans down the local park on saturday night ;)

Good man stickyjoe :D :D :D

Brendan