PDA

View Full Version : Any good trips abroad for tournaments?

Derek
30/03/2005, 11:05 PM
Well here is one, The Manchester Cup I was going to bring my own team to it but because of one thing or another I didn' but one our under 10 teams went.

Have a look at the report if you like. You can sign the guest book while your there if you like :)

http://www.stpaulsartanefc.com/StPaulsArtaneFC.asp?FileToDisplay=News/05/Mar/30_01.htm

the 12 th man
03/04/2005, 5:23 PM
went to it in 2004 (manchester cup)and it was very badly run.

we arrived and were told the 7 a side had been changed to 5 a side (for under 8) and the refereeing was atrocious.they had youths about 14 yrs old reffing the younger kids matches and they had'nt a clue.(reminded me of a samba soccer camp over here).

would never go to that particular competition again.i heard the one in liverpool is a better run affair altogether.

Derek
03/04/2005, 11:02 PM
I never went to the one in Liverpool but some people I know From Raheny United went and they said is was well run.

Mad Moose
04/04/2005, 12:06 PM
Not trying to be funny here but.................Derry!!!!!

Nah seriously the Foyle Cup is an excellent competition. I'll be there this year to take it in. Send me a P.M Derek and i'll send you my number. Our South Donegal Schoolboy's League have entered the last number of years. We were grouped with Charlton Athletic, Institute (Drumahoe, Derry City) and Home Farm. The competition is amazing and I was on hols last year so I missed it. I'll travel up and down this year.

Brendan

harpskid
04/04/2005, 1:38 PM
Foyle cup also takes place in Donegal Brendan - venues at St Johnston, Killea and Buncrana last year

Mad Moose
04/04/2005, 2:46 PM
Foyle cup also takes place in Donegal Brendan - venues at St Johnston, Killea and Buncrana last year

As I said above I didn't make it over last year. Not wishing to be political or politically insulting to the situation in the north but the topic related to 'abroad' and so Foyle does indeed separate the North from the South so its only natural its Donegal and Derry. I did therefore concentrate on the Derry side of the event. Of course Foyle View Park is appropriate enough for such a wonderful tournament.

Worth a look at Derek my man. It will be very well run. Have no doubt about that. If you want to see all the European sides represented. Think the final last year at U-14 was Aberdeen v Paris St Germain.

Brendan