PDA

View Full Version : DDSL vs SFAI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

fifa
14/01/2014, 10:41 AM
Where will this all end?

schoolboygodno9
14/01/2014, 1:09 PM
it has , ddsl national cup games to be ran off over the next few weeks to catch up, games not to be cancelled under no circumstances switching to alternative venues if required

the 12 th man
14/01/2014, 3:53 PM
Are the DDSl clubs being shoehorned into some SFAI competitions?

fifa
14/01/2014, 4:11 PM
it has , ddsl national cup games to be ran off over the next few weeks to catch up, games not to be cancelled under no circumstances switching to alternative venues if required
Why did they not follow the original sfai draw?they had their own one in abbotstown with the fai,it seems to be one rule for ddsl and another for the rest and if they don't like it they sulk eg the 49 km rule

schoolboygodno9
14/01/2014, 5:14 PM
they tried to seed top teams or something ,they have four rounds to play in some cases so im not sure now how the draw will run as some teams were down to have byes will the ddsl teams fill the bye slots or will they redo the draw a team i know were away to a kildare team but unsure yet as theres a CSL meeting along with other leagues as to pulling out or staying in

fifa
14/01/2014, 5:44 PM
There redoing the whole draw

schoolboygodno9
14/01/2014, 6:00 PM
ya its looking like it so well see what happens , i heard the fai were threatening to abolish the sfai and take over the running of schoolboys football if they didnt end there dispute so it so seems the ddsl rules the roost

the 12 th man
15/01/2014, 10:46 AM
There redoing the whole draw

Some teams have won 3 games already to get to where they are now (Last 32) in their competition,mad.

schoolboygodno9
15/01/2014, 11:20 AM
no he means the last 32 draw theyll be redoing that once the ddsl allocate their qualifiers

fifa
15/01/2014, 3:37 PM
no he means the last 32 draw theyll be redoing that once the ddsl allocate their qualifiers
Yes last 32 draw being redone

dutchie
17/01/2014, 2:19 AM
Seems the FAI HAS NO BALLS,afraid to take on ddsl,rules are rules and this applies to ddsl as well,my team have 4 games played to reach last 32,wondering will the fai intervene to make sure the ddsl pay all the money they owe,doubt it very much,feel very sorry for the clubs whos players are targetted every year with promises of gold,whether they are from ballymun or ballybunion,ddsl hadnt the backing of 1 league in the whole country in this dispute.i hope that teams who are beaten by dublin teams object regarding the 50km rule and that might sort it once and for all.

fifa
21/01/2014, 11:50 PM
Said on the star today that cork and Kerry may pull out or leagues might refuse to supply refs for sfai cups and that teams could refuse to play against ddsl sides,it's turning into a bit of a farce

schoolboygodno9
23/01/2014, 11:56 PM
draws remade this evening

dutchie
24/01/2014, 4:34 AM
A good few Cork teams drawn against dublin teams,could be very interesting.

Rory
24/01/2014, 8:03 AM
When will the "round of 32" matches be played?

fifa
24/01/2014, 8:15 AM
A good few Cork teams drawn against dublin teams,could be very interesting.
Can't see them games going ahead

GitYerKorna
24/01/2014, 9:47 AM
God forbid that the FAI would take over the running of Schoolboy football. Would be a retrospective move even by today's standards.
The current process of developing young players (primarily through the DDSL) and sending them to England at a young and immature stage of development is a a failed process
It does little to help the development of either the players or the game in Ireland.
Its only value is to further the personal interests of the DDSL Mafia.

Rory
25/01/2014, 3:50 PM
Some teams are already playing an SFAI National Cup "last 32 match" next weekend.

dutchie
27/01/2014, 10:54 AM
Word has it that Cork teams wont be fulfilling there fixtures next week,fair play to them for making a stand against the FAI.

fifa
27/01/2014, 12:39 PM
Word has it that Cork teams wont be fulfilling there fixtures next week,fair play to them for making a stand against the FAI.
Hopefully the rest of the country will follow now and show the ddsl they can't just do what they like

dutchie
27/01/2014, 2:13 PM
Hopefully the rest of the country will follow now and show the ddsl they can't just do what they like

Spot on.

fifa
27/01/2014, 4:43 PM
CSL have scheduled full local fixture list for this weekend including league games for the teams left in national cup,can't understand why there is so little coverage by the media about this and why other leagues aren't kicking up more of a fuss

fifa
28/01/2014, 10:47 AM
Just seen front page of target in the star what a joke

the 12 th man
28/01/2014, 11:03 AM
Just seen front page of target in the star what a joke

What does it say?

fifa
28/01/2014, 11:21 AM
Ddsl to give fai half a million towards abbotstown development all looks very cosy

Ballymoreman
28/01/2014, 4:58 PM
Seen in The Star today that the DDSL are pumping €500k into the FAI complex at Abbotstown. Reason FAI shoehorned DDSL back into SFAI competitions despite several rules being flouted suddenly an awfully lot clearer. Little old 'me fein' Ireland is alive and well. Disgraceful decision by the FAI and a total slap in the face for every other schoolboy league in the country.

I'd love to know which last 32 matches are being played next weekend????? Cant find official confirmation of that anywhere online. DDSL and SFAI websites a total waste of web space!

Rory
29/01/2014, 8:36 AM
@ doubting Thomas Ballymoreman........
On the Tralee Dynamos Website:
Saturday February 1st, 2014
Under 15 National Cup
2.00pm Kingdom Boys Vs Arklow Town (Wicklow)

I also heard that the teams that got a bye in the original last 32 draw, are now fully compensated for travel expenses if they got an away game in the re-draw. Anyone know if this is true and if so... is it fair?

schoolboygodno9
29/01/2014, 1:26 PM
A number of cork teams rumoured to have pulled their clubs out of comps more leagues to follow id say

dutchie
29/01/2014, 1:38 PM
Ya,Cork wouldnt play national cup games this weekend,so sfai refixed them for following week,what will be the next step???

schoolboygodno9
29/01/2014, 3:21 PM
Corinthians and douglas hall gone rockmount to follow aswell i heard

fifa
29/01/2014, 6:13 PM
All cork clubs gone
will the other leagues follow or bow to Dublin as usual???

schoolboygodno9
29/01/2014, 7:00 PM
Probably not but they should follow terrible on the boys but a stand has to be made could this be the end of the national cup and possible kennedy cup and various other competitions

the 12 th man
29/01/2014, 7:27 PM
All cork clubs gone

Where did you see/hear that?

fifa
30/01/2014, 6:14 PM
@rory There was never any compensation offered where did you hear this???

fifa
30/01/2014, 11:38 PM
??????

Rory
31/01/2014, 8:25 AM
I heard it on the side-line from a , what I thought, reliable source. I know, I should not always believe what I hear.. but for the Cork Teams... they don't seem to have pulled out. They reserve their position in regards to playing the National Cup... See Corinthians website:
http://www.collegecorinthians.com/cork-schoolboys-league-clubs-seek-clarification-sfai/#more-1287

fifa
31/01/2014, 8:39 AM
Cork teams will only participate in the original draw not the ddsl biased draw so looks like the end for cork kids in this years national cup as they don't have €500000 to give to the fai!!

Ballymoreman
31/01/2014, 11:41 AM
This is an absolutely disgraceful shambolic carry on and the FAI have shown themselves up once again. They are now being wagged by the tail by the DDSL. It would be totally outrageous in any other country apart from little old Ireland. Kids who have made it to the last 32 in their respective age groups now face the probability of not playing any further part in the competition so the Dubs can stick their 2 fingers and more up at every other league in the country.

Shame on the DDSL, shame on the SFAI, shame on the FAI.

Rory
31/01/2014, 3:59 PM
Just heard the following teams have pulled out. It's a shame, I agree but shame on the Cork League as well for doing that to the players. They would not have minded to proceed with this draw. Why not formally object and state not to partake next season if the draw is not reversed. These players have come so far now and all for nothing because their league wants to prove a point?????
Shame on the FAI, SFAI, DDSL and the Cork Schoolboys League!!

Corinthians Boys U12 U13 U15 U16
Carrigaline United U13 U14 U15 U16
Mayfield United U12
Wilton United U15
Rockmount U12 U 15
Douglas Hall U13 U14 U15
Buttevant U16
Lakewood U12 U13
Springfield Ramblers U13 U16
Ringmahon U12 U14 U16
Leeds U14

fifa
31/01/2014, 4:09 PM
Cork schoolboys league had nothing to do with clubs pulling out they came together through a number of meetings and decided to pull out as the sfai hadn't and still haven't responded to their questions.The CSL stated a couple of weeks ago they would have no part in it ie.setting fixtures and supplying referees and put no pressure on clubs to back out just offered support to anyone who decided to

Rory
31/01/2014, 4:10 PM
Ok, I assumed wrong.... but this might be even worse... What club would do that to their players... Did these clubs ask their players what they would prefer to do? Pull out or continue with the current draw? I doubt it. Big egos decided that they were not going to be pushed around and ruined it for the kids... Always the same story.

Ballymoreman
31/01/2014, 4:22 PM
I can see your point Rory re the kids involved but at the end of the day the DDSL blatantly broke the rules of the SFAI competition and should be out. Every other league in the country adhered to the rules and are now being punished for doing so.

fifa
31/01/2014, 4:36 PM
Ok, I assumed wrong.... but this might be even worse... What club would do that to their players... Did these clubs ask their players what they would prefer to do? Pull out or continue with the current draw? I doubt it. Big egos decided that they were not going to be pushed around and ruined it for the kids... Always the same story.
Clubs and leagues from outside Dublin have been "pushed" around for years and non paid club volunteers decided this with heavy hearts to finally take a stand against this country's farce of a football system,how you can say these volunteers have big egos is beyond me when they have had at least 3 meetings in the last week giving up their own time

Ezeikial
31/01/2014, 5:11 PM
I coach a team that are in the last 32 and the re-draw has been very kind to our team - reversing a string of away draws to multiple home fixtures if we are successful round by round.

The kids are excited and really looking forward to trying to progress and the principles and politics of what has occurred are somewhat lost on them.

Based on what I know of the events, I believe that what has taken place is outrageous and it is almost incredible that any national body with a smidgen of integrity should have facilitated/ordered/tolerated it. Withdrawing would be an appropriate and admiral stance against something that is simply wrong.

The problem is that it is this group of players who have worked really hard to be where they are would pay the price - not those who have caused and facilitate it.

fifa
31/01/2014, 5:37 PM
I coach a team that are in the last 32 and the re-draw has been very kind to our team - reversing a string of away draws to multiple home fixtures if we are successful round by round.

The kids are excited and really looking forward to trying to progress and the principles and politics of what has occurred are somewhat lost on them.

Based on what I know of the events, I believe that what has taken place is outrageous and it is almost incredible that any national body with a smidgen of integrity should have facilitated/ordered/tolerated it. Withdrawing would be an appropriate and admiral stance against something that is simply wrong.

The problem is that it is this group of players who have worked really hard to be where they are would pay the price - not those who have caused and facilitate it.
If you decide to play on and win it is it not now cheapened without the cork teams in it?

schoolboygodno9
31/01/2014, 5:50 PM
Ezeikial a stand has to be made I know the lads have worked hard but for the integrity of schoolboys football the DDSL should be punished as they have broke the rules could have been nipped in the bud a long time ago if DDSL played ball but thought they could bully the SFAI

Ezeikial
31/01/2014, 9:48 PM
If you decide to play on and win it is it not now cheapened without the cork teams in it?

Firstly I think that our chances of winning outright are remote, but any victory round by round would be significant.

To answer you question - The competition is significantly cheapened without the Cork teams or any other team that has qualified for the last 32 (or DDSL teams if excluded for that matter)

Ezeikial
31/01/2014, 9:55 PM
Ezeikial a stand has to be made I know the lads have worked hard but for the integrity of schoolboys football the DDSL should be punished as they have broke the rules could have been nipped in the bud a long time ago if DDSL played ball but thought they could bully the SFAI

Without a doubt the DDSL along with the FAI are out of order in this (unless there are additional details I am unaware of), and the integrity of schoolboys football has been further damaged.

What is certain is that any team that withdraws will be making a laudable and principled stand against what has happened. What is also certain is that it will be denying/penalising their own players. What is not at all certain is that it would have any impact on the behaviour and attitude of the DDSL, SFAI and FAI

fifa
31/01/2014, 10:53 PM
Hearing rumours of other clubs outside cork considering backing the cork clubs and pulling their teams out in disgust at FAI/SFAI behaviour

Rory
01/02/2014, 8:48 AM
I see only one other person here sticking up for the kids. I am also frustrated with the re-draw and it did not do us any favors either. But I would not dream of taking this away from the team. The ones shouting about pulling out, are in my eyes just as bad as the DDSL as they are out to destroy a kid's cup tournament. Stay all in the cup and sort this out face to face so it will not happen again next season.
Maybe I am too naive and this cannot be sorted without breaking kid's dreams but I think swallowing a bit of pride and just get on with it might be the best approach here....